Wednesday, May 29, 2013

There's Still Some Fight in These Fists

There’s Still Some Fight in These Fists

Every day I wake up wondering if I’m going to feel better or worse. Seriously, with age, the health of our bodies is a gamble. I couldn’t have made more right choices concerning my health growing up: I was a vegetarian or vegan for more than half of my life; I exercised almost the entire time—everything from aerobics and weight lifting to yoga, presently; I have used skin treatments; I have taken vitamins; I have rested when appropriate and really have never overworked; and I take lots of time to laugh and enjoy life and sunshine and flowers in my garden.

Still, when I wake up in the morning, sometimes I can’t make it to the bathroom without terrible, arthritic pain. On a scale of one to ten, most times the pain is in the seven range. Should I thank my father and mother for these genes, or have I actually done something to cause the terrible pain I have about 40% of the time?

In my entire life I have never drunk coffee or have used much caffeine at all. Lately, however, I have taken to drinking three gulps of coffee in the morning with my partner. I don’t drink enough to make me feel frantic or edgy. I don’t consume enough for my stomach to gurgle with that acidy feeling. I simply take two and sometimes three sips. That’s it.

During the next couple hours, instead of developing a slow and steady pace toward movement and comfort, I now have a sense of general wellbeing. Sometimes I used to get severe migraines as the afternoon came upon me. These have even stopped completely. I have gotten off of my prophylactic medication, Topomax, which I took daily to prevent migraines.  Who would have imagined that a small dose of caffeine from morning Joe could help my physical pain and the migraines? Certainly, not me.

As we get older, we certainly do open ourselves up to the idea that we could become wiser. Jesus gave us the advice: “Physician, heal yourself.” I have sincerely taken that scripture to heart.

I try not to believe that I am moving toward stasis of any kind. I want to feel as if I am completely a living, moving, and breathing example of life growing and expanding exponentially with time. I see myself as a man who can recreate himself at any time and at any moment for the current circumstance. I want to believe the best about myself, and so should you.

Consider it pointless to have a negative attitude toward life and existence. Negativity only attracts more negativity, like a magnet. Creating anger, instead of dealing with your hurt, only propagates more turmoil in your life and in the world.

With age, lets all learn the hard lessons of life. Begin to recognize that leaving things to be fixed by others, leaving messes to be cleaned up by others, and not taking care of our own lives is simply creating a tempest of problems that will explode in all of our faces, eventually.

We can count on growing older. We can consider ourselves fortunate, if as we age, we gain wisdom and compassion—both towards ourselves and others. Moving forward in life can be a beautiful passageway to grand understanding and insight if we keep listening for that still small voice within us to lead us to peace and greener pastures.
* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.




No comments: