Monday, May 27, 2013

On the Seventh Day—Rest!

On the Seventh Day—Rest!

In the years of the Rabbinical Law, God had commanded Moses to let the earth go fallow for the seventh year. Whatever vegetation that came up without planting would be enough for the animals and for the populations to be fed that year.

I look at my five gardens and notice that there is now no more room for anything in it. The existing flowers have propagated to the place that I am going to have to go in and take about half of the flowers out and either plant them somewhere else or give them away.

Plants and the earth have a way of providing a self-propelling future. The autumn seeds blow in the wind. I find flowers growing between rocks far from the original flower. It’s fun to look for the unexpected growth. Those are the small gifts from God. But what about the soil?

I know for certain, that if I don’t fertilize or add some sort of nutrition to the soil this next year, my garden is going to begin to diminish instead of propagate. So, what about the law of letting the land rest? What exactly did that mean both physically and metaphorically to the people of the earth?

For me, I have labored for a long time trying and not succeeding most of the time in the gardening of relationship. My vegetation gardens have flourished, but my personal life has gone up and down. I was in a place three months ago where I had decided it was time to take a Sabbath from trying and planting and simply let my heart and mind rest from the toiling about the future of my intimate life.

As a result taking a break, someone absolutely perfect for me came into my life. There was no trying, no toiling, just resting. It was that unexpected flower growing between the rocks that would have gone unnoticed and perhaps tromped on, had I not been foraging for it. Simply, there is a great need in our soul and in our physical body to let go and let God! We must sometimes put away the hoe and the plow of the heart and simply let the will of the universe do its thing—whether that be rest or producing wild growth from something we had sown a long time ago.

Take some time to breathe into the present. Discover that maybe what you need today and these coming months is a break from the toiling. If you do, just put down your plow and begin to observe your life. Watch the blessings flow without your trying.

* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.




No comments: