Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Yoga Nazi


The Yoga Nazi

This morning during my yoga class, I shared with my students that I overheard someone talk about me in the locker room yesterday, saying that I was very strict. They all laughed and said, “We can’t imagine you like that.”

Then Katherine from the back of the classroom said, “Oh, I remember when they used to call you the YOGA NAZI!”

“What?” I proclaimed. “Really?”

She was dead serious. The entire class laughed, as I am the complete opposite of that now. I can’t believe how behavior that I managed to change over the years for the better has still followed me after, at least, fifteen years of change.

I guess the reality is that we can’t afford to ever be negative or ugly to anyone. If that person were to tell the next person, then the next person told another person, eventually, the exponential possibilities of you being even worse than you were actually were is endless.

My advice: JUST DON’T!

For someone like me who banks on his reputation for business, I would recommend that you do every thing you can to change branding. We use the term brand changing as a way in business to make an old, perhaps bad image, better and new—to give it a facelift. The new image can be as simple as a slogan and a new logo. What people “see” is change. When someone see a symbol of change, they are more likely to give it a second chance.

I think about my own new branding. About six months ago I changed all of my businesses to the name: Finding Authentic You. I got new photos taken and posted them with the new branding. When I write, I consistently talk about my own personal change, not just because that is pertinent to my life and blog, but also as a business owner to show people that change is possible. Not only is it possible, I can help you do it, because I have made this transition myself.

When I played around with different brands, I thought of many names and logos to represent what I do. What all of the health and life coaching, hypnosis, yoga, and even vocal lessons came down to was change—authentic change. We all have enough ephemeral change in our lives; not so many have true, page-turning, cover-changing, color-blinding transitions.

That’s what I want for myself. That’s what I want for my clients. I want someone to look at my business profile and say, “He’s who I want to be like! Those are footsteps I want to follow!”

So, if you have found yourself changing for the better, but you suspect others are not seeing the significant change you personally perceive of yourself, it is time for a changing of the BRAND.

Do something completely different. Change your hairstyle, your look, your image, or hire a professional consultant to help make a difference. All of these things will make your friends, your old enemies, and your business relationships take a second glance. That’s what we want. We want the opportunity to say, “I am not the same person I used to be. Give me and my new self a second chance! Let me help you to see that I’m no longer that old self and am much more the person I want all my friends to be like. I want to be real, supportive, loving, compassionate, and most importantly, authentic!


* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.



No comments: