Saturday, May 4, 2013


Unconscious and Stressed

I woke up this morning after having a night filled with hateful dreams of being abandoned and unloved. This subconscious dream begs for my attention this morning. What exactly happens in the subconscious mind between the time you go to bed and wake up?

First of all, the subconscious mind hold the keys to many neuro-connections in the brain that can cause a movie to play in your mind that is untrue for you now. These connections started long before you had the opportunity to correct the thinking. When Mom left the room and didn’t come back for hours, you felt abandoned. You cried and cried, but she didn’t come for you. She, however, thought she was trying to train you for a full night of sleep. You, however, just recorded abandoned thoughts.

Dad left when you were young. You never saw him again until you were fifteen. He was drunk and uncaring. You recorded that no man will ever stay with you. All he was thinking about was his addiction. His situation had nothing to do with you.

Our lives are filled with these kinds of scenarios that don’t autocorrect in the brain when we realize that the situation was not about us. They stay permanently locked in the subconscious mind.

In my case, last night was the first night I had to be without my new love. He was on a bus to a singing engagement. He called and texted ten times. There was secure connection in reality. I had no reason to feel what I felt. But when I fell asleep, all the old thoughts of abandonment from my childhood and from past relationships crept up from my subconscious mind and expressed themselves in dreams of despair.

The idea now is to wake up and reacquaint myself with the truth. This is the hard part. For some reason, we want to wallow in the negativity. It is the human process to do so. Outside it is raining and dreary today. I have SIDS, so weather really affects my outlook. This definitely is contributing to the feeling of sadness, though I have nothing to be down about at all. Truly.

So, this morning, I woke up and prayed. This was my prayer: “God, I know that you are unlimited love and good. I know that I am surround by that love and the love you have provided for me in my physical life. Help me feel and sense the awareness of that love now. Fill my mind with thoughts of reconciling my negative feelings with the truth of Who and What You are. Let me let go and let God, so that I can be a conduit of all that is loving in the world!”

I have to say that after the prayer, I am still sitting in a bit of funk, but then there is faith. Every time I feel sadness, I remember the prayer and recall the many times in my life when I thought I was unprotected and realized that God had everything in control.

These are the times in life when we must always come out of the human reptilian brain and observe in quiet compassion what we feel, how we act, and see the future through the eyes of omniscient love.

* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211. 

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

No comments: