Thursday, May 23, 2013

Creating Reality vs. Facing Reality


Creating Reality vs. Facing Reality

First of all, nothing that happens to me is set in stone. I am an ongoing creation who has abilities to change my reality every moment of every day. I turn the page and begin to write a new story with new characters and a plot, where I get to be happy and at peace, every day. That’s right. Every minute of every day is mine to create.

Every moment we have the opportunity to begin cause and effect in the universe using our creative mind. We also have an equal and sometimes even greater opportunity to face the cards we are dealt and accept them as truth. Which would you prefer?

This is your reality, if you let it be. You can choose to be a voyeur of life or step into becoming a co-creator of your reality.

I have often suggested this, but I will reiterate: begin a meditative practice. Meditation is the key to becoming an observer of your own life. Only from coming out of your situation long enough to observe it compassionately, can you make effective change.

Let’s take a situation that you may be in: I KEEP DATING THE WRONG PERSON!

Okay, been there, done that. How did I make change in this area?

First of all, you must have all the facts about the problem you are facing. I looked to a therapist, good books written on the subject, and prayer. These are all great places to start to find out where you are making mistakes or missteps in your pursuit to finding the right mate.

Two very helpful books I read were, “How to Be an Adult in Relationships” and “Attached.” I asked friends and therapists advice about what they perceived was the problem. Then I prayed that I would get a clear vision of what I needed to do to make effective change in the area of relationship.

God usually places people and relationships in your life to help you learn, even if that person may not be the perfect person with whom to remain in a relationship. Soon after my search, I found myself in two very short-term relationships that gave me incredible insight into my own persona about how I handled relationship.

Two things I observed: a) I realized that I was attracted to a type, not a person; b) I recognized I didn’t have a clear idea of what a “secure attachment” in relationship was.

When I recognized those two attributes of my missteps, I realized I thought I was helpless and supposed to accept people for what they were. I thought loving was about looking past the differences that actually make or break a relationship. Not so true, toodalloo!

When I finally met a person who was secure, I remember telling him that I probably wouldn’t have gone out with him a year ago—not because he wasn’t handsome, intelligent, and loving. The reasons I mentioned were because he just wasn’t what I perceived my type was.

The truth—get ready to hear a zinger—we tend to have a type that is completely wrong for us. They are usually avoidantly attached and are virtually impossible to securely attach to. When I recognized that, I had to begin to let go of the old and wasteful desires of wanting the wrong person. When I took that energy and used it to find a secure and loving person, everything changed in my relationship arena.

You can do the same in any area of your life. If your career is lacking, do some digging. Find out what you need to do to change your work into something exciting and worthwhile. Yes, it may take some work, some schooling, some money, and certainly time, but time is all we got, folks.

If you want a life you can dine joyously on, you have to make an effort. You either are participating in life or you are simply letting life live you. Become the creator of your true and lasting destiny now.

* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.



No comments: