Saturday, December 22, 2012

Just How Connected Are We to the Heavenly World - Part II


Just How Connected to the Heavenly World—Part II

            When I was in my early thirties, my Godmother was dying of lung cancer, and she had never smoked a cigarette in her entire life. Her husband, Uncle Johnny, had smoked about 3 packs a day. He had died about 20 years her prior. When they were young, and no one knew he or she was dying of cancer from smokes, Elvie and Johnny would sit in a 6’ X 6’ den and watch television with Johnny chain smoking. Honestly, you couldn’t see them if you walked into the room, the smoke was so thick.
            So, as you can imagine, Aunt Elvie was very angry at Johnny for helping her to die from something she never intended to die from. She was a tough woman. Every one of her 10 brothers and sisters were kind of afraid of her. She said what was on her mind and didn’t care what anyone thought.
            But when it came time for her dying, no one would speak of death to her. They tiptoed around it. When I finally got to the hospital from Nashville to visit, she was about to die. Still, no one told her she had about a day to live. I was given strict instructions not to mention death.
             Of course, I didn’t mind what the uninformed had said. The moment I got alone with her I began to share with her that she was going to pass. I asked her if she was afraid. I wanted to know if there was anything I could do for her. I wanted to see if she needed prayer. But mostly, I wanted her to know that I believed that she wasn’t going anywhere but outside her body. If she wanted to, I told her, she could talk to me and I promised I would listen after she had passed.
            For the first time in weeks a smile spread across her face. She understood. I could see that her questions had been answered and she was no longer afraid of what was before her. She died that night.
            It was as if a radiant light appeared at my bedroom doorway to ask to come in. Then she appeared like a younger lady. She sat on my bed and talked to me as if I were talking to a dear friend. She said to me, “I want to help people quit smoking. Can you help me do that?”
            Well, I was already trained as a hypnotherapist, but I was using it only for vocal students then. But I was open to doing what God wanted. I answered, “Yes, of course.”
            She said, “All you have to do is call my name, and I will be there with you and help from this side. I’ll even help guide people to your door.”
            From the moment I began my practice in hypnotherapy, especially with cigarette smokers, my Godmother Elvie, has been my guardian angel helping from the other side. I feel her presence still, and I know that she is the reason I have a 95% success rate. 
            There have been other friends I have helped to cross over. These precious lives have also helped and come back sometimes to visit. A special friend Linda comes more often than anyone else. Before she died, she gave me a silver bell for Christmas. After she died it ended up on my bed stand without me putting it there. When she visited she told me that all I had to do was ring the bell and she would hear and come. We have conversations still like we had when she lived.
            I don’t believe spirits die. I think they live on and grow and prosper. If we let them, they will help us as angels do. We just have to be open to it and protect ourselves from any negative influences spiritually as well. A simple prayer will do: “God, protect me from hearing or communicating with any spirit that is not of you, of the light, and is not sending a message that will further my spiritual growth.”
            We are walking side by side with angels day and night. If you don’t believe me, just remember how many times your life has been saved on the brink of disaster.

No comments: