Saturday, December 22, 2012

Bank Account Low?


Bank Account Low?
            I remember a time in my life when I had no job, no prospect of a job, and my rent was due in NYC with no food in the refrigerator and no money in the bank. That was the lowest low I’ve ever encountered. How did I deal?
            Read on…
            Money and jobs are like everything else in life, they are expressions of your internal thinking. If you have a negative belief about yourself, it will be very hard to convince anyone else to hire you. If you believe you are destined for poverty, the likelihood of you landing a job that pays a lot, will be small. If you believe your gift to life is little, the expression of yourself in life will be small.
            So, the work that you have to do is internal as much as external. I’m not saying, stop with the look for the job and concentrate solely on your internal growth. That would be foolish. But, my precious friend, until you see yourself as successful, you will probably never be a success.Why do you think that a person who is a millionaire might lose every cent he or she has, then a year or two later, that same person has a million again? It is because that person sees himself/herself as a millionaire.
            So, what did I do when I was in NYC without a penny? I tell you, I prayed for help. I had a dream that there was a job for me. I was to go to the Actor’s Equity building, 21st floor, and look at their job postings. The third page was the one I was to apply for. The dream was very specific.
            When I got to the interview, the owner and I got along famously, but he told me he had just hired a man for the job an hour before. He shook my hand and bid me goodbye.
            About fifteen minutes later I got a phone call. The owner had told the man he hired that he was unable to fulfill his promise and he gave the job to me. From that job, many other opportunities came forward in my life—acting, singing, recording, and teaching. I will always remember that day.
            So, if you find yourself in the position I was in, there are two spiritual things to do: Wait in the silence for God to speak and reach into your deepest self and find out why you feel you don’t deserve success.
            On the physical side of things, simply don’t let a door close without researching and finding out if you are the right person for that job. Apply, apply and apply.
            Also, if you haven’t had a professional look at your resume, I’d highly recommend doing so. I have looked at a few and made suggestions. Soon after, a person who had not had much luck with submissions, had more calls than he could handle.
            Words are your tools for success in resumes. So, find someone that is a Wordsmith to make your resume sound like you are the best in your field!

No comments: