Friday, January 4, 2013

The Fourth Day of My Diet


Wow, one thing that has been very difficult is stopping the sugar craving. After a month of eating sugar after and in-between every meal, my body is actually shaking when it doesn’t get sugar, like an addict going through withdrawal. I think I even broke into a sweat once yesterday. I decided I would suck on a Ricola cough drop, which has a small amount of sugar in it, to reduce the craving and give my body a little something to feel appeased.

Don’t tell my mother, because we have gone on this diet together, but I went out with my friend Sheri last night, who is in from Los Angeles, and I ate a piece of frozen Key Lime pie. But for dinner yesterday, I ate very sensibly. I had a small serving of mashed potatoes, a palm-sized serving of roasted pork, a green salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing, and one roasted carrot. That was at 4 pm. (Yes, I know that eating with my mother is like eating at a geriatric center, so the one small piece of pie wasn’t too bad at 7:00 pm.)

Today, I woke up at 7 am and walked the dog. It was very cold, so the walk only lasted 15 minutes. That was not really enough to be considered a small workout. But, it was something to get my blood moving. I ate my oatmeal as planned. For lunch I had 2 poached eggs and 2 small pieces of toast. (Here is a trick: Get a loaf of whole grain bread from a store that will slice it. But get a loaf that is long and oval, so the pieces will be small oval pieces of bread, about half the size of a normal piece of bread. So, if you have two pieces, it really is only one piece. And poached eggs don’t require any oil. They just so happen to fit on an oval piece of toast about that size.) I also ate one ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce, even though I really wasn’t hungry for it.

I worked the afternoon and didn’t do much moving physically, as my job is mostly sedentary on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I ate for dinner, two thinly sliced pieces of pork, lightly fried (then tamped off the oil with a paper towel, ½ cup rice, ½ cup peas and corn (frozen and steamed), and no salad today.

After dinner I was craving sugar big time, even though I was full. I can’t believe how much my body wants sugar. I ate a Ricola, which helped. For a snack at 7 p.m., I ate 2 small handfuls of sesame sticks. As I watched television in the evening, I spent 30 minutes bouncing on a fitness ball and about 15 minutes seated, bouncing my legs on the ball for my abs. I didn’t want to do too many ab exercises because I have to do considerable ab work in my yoga class Friday morning, which would be this morning as you’re reading this.

I’m writing this the night before I weigh. So, I’ll let you know how much I lost tomorrow.

Log in for weight: Loss of 5 lbs exactly.


* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211. 

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

No comments: