Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Fifth Day of My Diet, A Binge Day of Emotional Eating


I started off the day with a very brisk dog walk and a healthy bowl of steel-cut oatmeal with agave nectar and 2% milk. Then I did a 1 ½ hour vinyasa yoga class at the YMCA. This wonderful instructor taught it and had some great insights about losing weight.  Oh, wait, that was me!  Lol

After which, I met two friends for lunch and I may have stepped into some doo doo. I was very hungry and ordered 2 poached eggs. The breakfast came with fruit or potato cakes, and a bagel or toast. I chose the potato cakes, and definitely should have chosen the fruit. Then the eggs came undercooked, so I had to send them back. So, what was in front of me was the bagel, cream cheese, and potato cakes. My goal was to eat ½ bagel and the eggs. But I ate the ½ bagel because I was hungry with the potato cakes and ended up eating the other half when my correct order of eggs came. Now I’m overly full and probably will not lose a pound if I don’t under eat for the rest of the day.

I know bodies. Something that menial can cost you. But we’ll see. The yoga class may have exerted enough energy to buffer the extra carbs, but I’m not sure. I would venture to guess, if I go on eating a regular diet the rest of the day, I bet I won’t lose anything today.

Later:  I had a fairly bad day, as far as diets go. I over ate at dinner. I ate about twice as much turkey as I should have, plus I ate rice and a baked potato. I did, however, eat a small salad. I was completely bloated. On top of it all, that caused a tremendous urge to eat something sweet—an even bigger urge than before. I actually broke down and ate the last thing in the house that was sweet. I ate a large piece of cheese Danish with a glass of milk about an hour after dinner. Eating directly after dinner was one thing that I did actually do right. If I would have eaten it closer to bedtime, that would have been a worse choice.

This was an emotional day, period. I ate to appease my emotions. I tried not to. But in the end, I did. I did my best to not screw up too badly. For a snack tonight I ate ½ bag of fat free popcorn about 8 pm. I have not done any exercise. My stomach still hurts.

I’m going to do some light yoga before I go to bed. I’ll let you know how bad the day was tomorrow when I weigh in.

Weigh in:  loss of .2  (5.2 total)
This was a really good example for my clients of when I tell you that a bad day doesn’t mean a horrible day. I made my bad day an almost even day, which doesn’t subtract or add to the total much. If I had done what was really on my heart to do, I would have gained a couple pounds for sure. This way, it is a new day,  a new chance to make change now, and I believe I’m over the binge cliff—my version of the fiscal cliff.
* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211. 

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

No comments: