Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Anomaly


The Anomaly
An anomaly is something or someone who deviates from what is standard or expected. Are you an anomaly?
I look at my life everyday and think, oh my God, I must be some sort of anomaly. No one’s life can be this strange and peculiar, unexpected, and miraculously driven. Yet, what I am fashioned to be like—the Creative Source—each of us has the capacity to be like. So, why are there not more anomalies around me?
But being made of the same substance doesn’t necessarily cause a thing or a human to react or respond in kind with the rest of the creations of like mind. Think of the many cars that are called Toyota. How many last for exactly the same amount of years? How many are made of the same components, but some are anomalies in a bad ways, and some in a good way standing up to time and weather unlike the others. My sister has a car that has been running for 30 years. Each time she revs the engine, it sounds as though metal meets metal. I’m sure it will never get down the road. But the care takes her to her destiny once again. This car is an anomaly, for sure.
My brother, made of the same DNA as I, created in the same fashion from the same mother and father, of the same substance, yet turned out to be a completely different individual. In fact, he went in the opposite direction as I did in almost every way. If you put the both of us in the same room, you would never believe we were brothers. We don’t look alike, act alike, and more importantly, have not ever believed alike. He has spent the majority of his life in jail or in a bar drunk.
What causes the anomaly of distinction to occur in an individual?
Is it actually the spirit of the individual acting on its own destiny? Or is there a divine component involved reaching forward into the life of the individual, moving intricate parts of time and destiny to provide the proper protocol to make just the right situations to occur to make for the perfect spiritual model?
When I look back at my life there were many similarities to my brother. I had the same alcoholic, abusive father. But my father treated me with a kind of premier expectation, as if I would become someone special. My dad treated my brother as if he were always going to be a bad seed.
As a result, my brother sexually abused me. But instead of causing me to hate and recreate the abuse, it caused me to have compassion for others. In another person, would this abuse have caused a cycle of more abuse? Am I an anomaly because of this change?
I had no mother figure from 4th grade to 10th in my life, so there were no maternal family members to help me understand life and put compassion in order. In fact, I never even shared what happened to me until I was 25.
But God provided a barren neighbor and her husband who kind of adopted me. I would visit them almost every night. When Mary fell asleep on the couch and Emil on his recliner, I would quietly go home, careful not to wake them. Most of the evenings, they would feed me something special. When Mary went shopping, she always took me with her and bought me something that made me feel special and loved. She was my surrogate mother. She was an anomaly made specifically for me—an angel, for sure.
All the trials in my life have led to my purpose. I believe solely in Unlimited Resource and Unlimited God for all my wants and desires. I have no doubts that I am here for a reason. Every day that new reason appears to me with passion and delight.
My questions to you friend is: Up to this point in your life, have you been an anomaly? And if not, can you change the pattern of your life and become that which is not standard and not usual to those around you? Can you breach expectation and walk in the light of truth without cause of cognitive reason as all anomalies do?
Try abnormality and see. It’s quite the intriguing life.


* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211. 

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

No comments: