Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Creative Anticipation—Happily Dream. Worry About the How Later!


Creative Anticipation—Happily Dream. Worry About the How Later!

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if everything you dreamed could come true in an instant? Well, if we believed in quantum physics, perhaps the time between dreaming and creating the dream is stacked on top of each other—happening at the same time in our consciousness. If that were true, would you take more time to dream and less time to worry about how your dream would come into fruition?

Three years ago I had a dream about a book. I had no idea what the name of it was going to be. I knew it would help people. I knew it would work on relationships, spirituality, physical health, emotional health, and be a guide to clearer meditation.

To tell you the truth, at first, a lot of ego worry went into this book. I had had a writing contract with a publisher that was to be a spin-off of my relationship book. We were thinking there would be three books total that spun off of “Your Gay Friend’s Guide to Understanding Men.”

I tried to picture what my new spiritual book would be like in the format of a Gay Man’s guide to spirituality. Every time I would try to write it, I would get stuck. Something felt completely wrong with the entire premise. Yet, I wanted to satisfy my contract, because it was a something tangible, and I had a publisher. Most people don’t have the luxury of both as a writer.

But my calling was lifting me above the physical trappings of contracts and publishers. I heard a voice in my hear that said, “Let your old ideas go and start from the beginning.”

Despite that calling, it took another two attempts at satisfying the publisher before the publisher and I came to an agreement to dissolve our relationship. It was a friendly agreement. I still talk with them, because they still hold the rights to one of my books.

But this meant I had to start from the beginning. No agent. No manuscript. No idea. Just God. 

But saying “just God” is saying a lot. When God has a plan, there is something magical in store, if you just follow through with the plan. The plan started out as this: “Bo, write a blog that encourages people! Write it daily without missing a day. And I will bless it.”

So, without any knowledge of blogs and what to do with one, I started out writing a blog in a free space on my current website, which was a bad mistake. But, you know, you just don’t understand what you are to do until the time comes. I guess I was to make all my mistakes with the blog before it went a little viral.

I wrote for almost six months. I know a few people were reading it because I would get notes that people were changing and benefiting from it, but I didn’t get the true picture of what was happening until one day about nine months into it, I realized I had a statics page on this not-so-good blogsite. I had been avoiding looking at that page, because I didn’t want to get discouraged by it. So, when I finally looked at it and saw how many people had visited the site, and how many more had subscribed to it—about 19,000 consistent followers—I was overwhelmed with pleasure and thanking God.

What next? I asked. But I didn’t get an answer.

Then my mind went into business mode. How do I get what I’m doing into a book or into an agent’s or publisher’s hands? I contacted a few friends in the biz. Everyone seemed interested, but they seemed to slam the door in my face after a few minutes of talking. Something was not congealed or right about my platform that turned each person off. (For people who are not writers or performers, a platform is a brand of sorts that attracts a following of people. Each of the people thought my platform was underdeveloped.)

I realized that in the development of what I had been doing, what I really was missing was a brand. This is why in December the blog switched to “Finding Authentic You.”

Finally, what I was doing and whom I was writing to made sense. It took me almost two years to uncover the process. All that had happened in the past was necessary to come to this one moment of realization and clarity.

Then after all of this took place, I built the new website. This time I did it correctly. When I did, I learned I had been going about blogs all-wrong. I found out about Word Press and Blogger and all of these wonderful ways to advertise your blog, which I had never used before. Suddenly, even after only 20 days of my new blog being up, I’m getting 5000 hits a day on just my new site. That is not counting the other 4 places I post to—Blogger, Google+, WordPress, and Facebook.

I can also say that I have finally gotten the next step of direction from Spirit, which I’m very excited about. I’m not going to share it with you yet. But I will in the near future when it becomes a reality.

All this to say that Dreaming is Reality. Dreaming is expressing the next step, no matter what it looks like. Dreaming doesn’t often take a financial leap immediately. In fact, most times, dreams take a great deal of time and energy to come to full fruition. Don’t be afraid of that. Let your dreams unfold naturally and completely. Stay with your old job if you need to until the entire dream expresses. And most importantly, stick to your purpose, no matter what.

If you get stuck, think of me writing those first 90 blogs with about 20 people reading them. It didn’t matter. God was flowing through me and starting the process of a pure channel of truth. What can be a better source for spirit than you being open to something spiritually wonderful flowing through perfect, individual, wonderful you?

* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211. 

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

No comments: