Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Who Wrote that Story about Me? #newthought #rewritingyourstory

Who Wrote That Story About Me?

In the transition of my move from Nashville to Fort Lauderdale, many sentences have to be punctuated in my life. Sometimes, I find myself placing a comma at the end of a fragment of my existence and other times a period. Even more times than oft, what comes from a large portion of living, still has one large question mark after it. I thought, in so many cases in my recent history, that I was walking in the will of the Lord. But, as Thomas Merton so aptly writes, “the fact that I think I’m doing God’s will doesn’t necessarily mean that I AM doing God’s will.” So, as a result, what looks to be a strange reflection of myself in the faces of those lives I’ve touched as I say goodbye, perhaps, I see that I know less about my own story now than I thought.
In New Thought, we talk a great deal about “our story,” which is basically what you tell about yourself according to the actions of your life. Is your story positive? Do you blame your life on other people? Are you poor, because you don’t know how to live a prosperous life? Are you anxious and sick all the time, because you don’t think you deserve health? All of these are stories we tell ourselves, about our own lives.
However, some of our negative stories come from unlikely sources, such as old friends, family, abuse from the past, negative input from teachers, and but most of it comes from our initial upbringing and past intimate relationships. I recently heard a story from a friend that couldn’t have been more eschewed from the truth. Sometimes, the story of our lives is mingled in with other versions of our own truth. How do we live an authentic life and untangle the web of other’s thoughts and angry gossip about us?
This is a tricky and tenuous place. As you engage in the fight to reveal your truth and authentic self, often old friends and relatives rear up their ugly versions of your truth and begin to fight you for their version of your story. Are we actually responsible for what others think about us? In some ways, by how we treat others and how we act, the answer is yes. But, in most ways, we can’t reshape or reform anyone’s opinion of us, especially, when the truth is always someone’s idea of truth. The only truth that exists and is unchangeable is Spirit and God. The only peace that exists is in living authentically in the now.
So, how many times have I simply said to someone who has eschewed my truth to fit his or her idea of who he or she wants me to be? Probably, a lot more than I’d like to admit. Most times, my peace is far more important than trying to be right in any given situation. Honestly, in some very profound ways, I really don’t care what anyone thinks about me or my personal decisions. If I try too hard to do what everyone else in my life wants, I have wasted much of my life trying to please others and not do what moves my soul forward in truth.
Be yourself! Let what others say fall to the wayside of life. If you have to dismiss a friend or family from your life for trying to woo you into believing his or her version or your truth, that is a responsibility you’ll have to manage. Just a warning: The more I get authentic with myself, the more I have had to dismiss people from my life. This just makes room for real friends and people who will support the way you believe and give you the kind of love that you deserve. Trust me on this, every friend or family member I have dismissed, God has replaced with someone that has outranked and brought forth more compassion and love than I ever thought I deserved. My truth is that, most of my friends feel that I am a better person than even I think I am. I spend most days hoping I can live up to their version of who I am. This is a good thing!
To this information, I freely add that in July, I am moving to Southern Florida to begin a new small imprint publishing company called: Finding Authentic You Publishing: findingauthenticyou-publishing.com. I am accepting submissions now for my January 2015 bookshelf. If you or any friends are interested, please go to the website and read the submission guidelines. Thanks.
Finding Authentic You is my brand and is also a self-help guide, which I wrote, with 365 Discoveries, meant to aid you in facilitating some of life’s most difficult challenges, like sleep. But, the discoveries also lead you to what you believe spiritually, understanding your goals, learning to believe in your self, discovering the most distinct you, unlocking all of your negative thinking, and helping you replace it with positive, creative thought using many different modalities, including hypnosis, prayer, and psychology. Once you know yourself, then relationship with Spirit and people is a fairly easy task.
For much more information about finding out about the psychology of the human mind and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping me make this book be a Bestseller.


Finding Authentic You: With
365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change and Theoraphasz, God Speaks
* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends. 



No comments: