Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Like a Butterfly #transformation #butterflies

Like a Butterfly
#transformation #butterflies

No living creature on earth fascinates me more than the caterpillar on its journey to become its destiny—the butterfly. What an awesome metaphor for moving toward our spiritual destiny, flying on the wings of spirit. But, as anyone knows who has asked for guidance on this spiritual journey, it’s not an easy one. Like the caterpillar starting off crawling close to the earth, our minds and bodies have a primal inclination, a preeminent surge toward the hunger of an animal, rather than a spirit having a predilection for open air and unfathomable skies. To that end, I look to the butterfly for wisdom.

The caterpillar doesn’t spend much time on earth crawling around. In fact, it’s main destiny is to find a secure place to gestate (meditate), wrapped in its own silken safety.  When it finds this place, it doesn’t ask questions, it simply waits for transformation to take place—in the silence—in the present. I have often felt the silence of a cocoon and thought, perhaps, my wings were forming, spiritually. However, when I desired to fly, I fell straight on to my face.
I once watched a butterfly eat its way out of a cocoon and then try to fly. At first, it couldn’t take flight. Actually, I had never seen a butterfly so large and beautiful. With colors from brown to green, exotic and lovely, it was the size of a small bird. I accepted the challenge of helping it. It hopped on to my finger without despair or fear. I walked to the front yard where many trees flourished in the spring wind. Suddenly, its moist wings began to dry in the sun and it flapped them, as I carefully balanced it on my finger.

With one swift move, the butterfly jumped off of my finger and began to fly. I will always remember that moment, as I realized sometimes even the master’s work needs a little nudge to move to its destiny. In that moment, I was an angel for that butterfly. It never looked back or came around for a visit. It simply went on to its destiny in the boundless blue sky, hopping from tree to tree, from beautiful flower to beautiful flower.

I know, someday, for all of us, that our wings will grow strong like the butterfly. But, I am also praying, that on our journey toward that day that we don’t tarry as we find our place of refuge in meditation and prayer. For there we will begin the amazing metamorphosis to our ultimate destiny.

***
I am moving to Southern Florida to begin a new small imprint publishing company called: Finding Authentic You Publishing: findingauthenticyoupublishing.com. I am accepting submissions now for my January 2015 bookshelf. If you or any friends are interested, please go to the website and read the submission guidelines. Thanks.
Finding Authentic You is my brand and is also a self-help guide, which I wrote, with 365 Discoveries, meant to aid you in facilitating some of life’s most difficult challenges, like sleep. But, the discoveries also lead you to what you believe spiritually, understanding your goals, learning to believe in your self, discovering the most distinct you, unlocking all of your negative thinking, and helping you replace it with positive, creative thought using many different modalities, including hypnosis, prayer, and psychology. Once you know yourself, then relationship with Spirit and people is a fairly easy task.

For much more information about finding out about the psychology of the human mind and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping me make this book be a Bestseller.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=finding%20authentic%20you&sprefix=finding+%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afinding%20authentic%20you


Finding Authentic You: With 365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change

* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends.

No comments: