Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Guarding Your Personal Information: #Identitytheft #digitalfootprint

Guarding Your Personal Information: #Identitytheft #digitalfootprint

Twenty days ago, I had only shared the information about my move to Florida with five good friends, because I wasn’t exactly sure of the move. However, in that same first week, before I shared my news with my Facebook and Blog friends, one of those good friends I discussed my future with, told me that he was at a hairstylist’s shop and heard from the guy cutting his hair all my private news. I was amazed and aghast at the same time.

I asked all of the people I had told and none even knew the hairstylist, except the guy getting his hair cut. Then, that evening on television, I had watched a television show called “Person of Interest.” This show is about a computer program that uses every camera, computer, and cell phone in the world to monitor everyone, even those who have no phones or computers. The concept is supposed to be a “what if?” show, but everywhere you look, television shows like NCSI have computer technologists who can supposedly hack into computer systems to watch anything and anyone—everywhere. My personal identity and safety suddenly feels at risk. Who is watching me now, as I sit and write my blog. I’m staring right at my computer camera.

I understand that, as I share my information freely on my blog, that this is now public domain. That fact doesn’t frighten me. I want my blog and my websites to be for the public’s use and information. How else would I be able to start my small publishing company in Florida, if I didn’t have the ability to have social media and search engines?

However, when I start to think about what I share on Facebook and LinkedIn, maybe some of that information doesn’t need to be so public. I waffle about all this. I certainly try not to share facts I don’t want people to know, but I have written about almost everything in my life. So, I would say that I’m one of those guys who is very transparent. I’m not afraid to be who I am and don’t care who knows it. That’s a good thing. This is an authentic fact. I like that in people, and I try to be transparent most of my life.

I simply wonder what and who is looking and has access to my bank account, my online information, passwords, my social security number, and personal information that I DON’T WANT to be shared? Many companies have evolved to try and protect this digital footprint. As I search the Internet for information about this subject, I see that an article in “Computer World” by Robert Mitchell says that much of the publicly available information online is sourced from online county, state, and federal government records and databases. This is, also, where your social security number may be available. The image of a Russian or Nigerian hacker browsing my computer is actually amiss. Most of the information found about me on the web by people tracking me is from county-based databases located in a building about a mile from your house. This does put my mind at ease, a bit. But this information does make me want to hire a company to protect my digital footprint.

To that information, I freely add that in July, I am moving to Southern Florida to begin a new small imprint publishing company called: Finding Authentic You Publishing: findingauthenticyoupublishing.com. I am accepting submissions now for my January 2015 bookshelf. If you or any friends are interested, please go to the website and read the submission guidelines. Thanks.

Finding Authentic You is my brand and is also a self-help guide, which I wrote, with 365 Discoveries, meant to aid you in facilitating some of life’s most difficult challenges, like sleep. But, the discoveries also lead you to what you believe spiritually, understanding your goals, learning to believe in your self, discovering the most distinct you, unlocking all of your negative thinking, and helping you replace it with positive, creative thought using many different modalities, including hypnosis, prayer, and psychology. Once you know yourself, then relationship with Spirit and people is a fairly easy task.

For much more information about finding out about the psychology of the human mind and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping me make this book be a Bestseller.



Finding Authentic You: With
365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change


* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends. 




No comments: