Thursday, May 8, 2014

#Christian Mystics: Knowing God Directly #beingChristianandgay #mysticism #Jesusfreaks #mystics #spiritfilled

#Christian Mystics: Knowing God Directly
#beingChristianandgay #mysticism #Jesusfreaks #mystics #spiritfilled

Many years ago, in the times of the bible, rules about religion were imputed upon believers so that some seekers would not find the same experience with God or Spirit than the high priests and rulers. These laws are still in effect in some religions today.

Mysticism is the direction connection with God or Spirit, usually found in deep prayer, meditation, fasting, and supplication. But these kinds of attributes in the social culture of most bible-based religion have become taboo, believing to have too much eastern influence. The truth about mysticism is that Jesus Christ himself sought to be one with God. In fact, he professed in John 10:30 that “I and the Father are one!” You can’t find oneness with Spirit without a bit—or a lot—of mystical experiences.

For me, I first had a mystical experience when I was a child, as many people do because of the simple openness of a child’s heart. Then, I sought to find a religion or a path that would give me that kind of experience again, or, at least, help me explain the inexplicable.

Because I was Italian living in the north, I began my spiritual path in the Catholic church. So, I found myself in small mystical Christian groups as a child, singing folk music, acting like a hippy, and talking about Jesus (they called us Jesus Freaks), as if He lived among us. From there, I became a born-again Catholic, with a Pentecostal influence. A small branch of the Catholic church actually go above and beyond mass and seek the mysticism of old.

After a few years of that, I was convinced by some bible-study students, that Catholicism was not the path for me. The educated thought Catholicism was rife with indiscriminate laws forced on the church by the Vatican. They told me that the Apocrypha was even added to the bible to further influence the Catholics in the wrong direction. So, I switched to a nondenominational Christian-based church that had much Pentecostal influence.

We spoke in tongues, prayed in the spirit, saw visions, prophesied, and laid hands on the sick. Prayer and spiritual seeking had become a way of life for me, as I became a minister in NYC, even praying for people on the streets and ministering to the sick and poor. In those days, I believed that being gay and having sex out of wedlock was sinful and should be fought spiritually, as if you were fighting a demon placed upon your own soul. I didn’t even consider the rules that I believed in were also church imposed.

Until, one day, in my own prayers, I heard a still small voice say, “I’m not condemning you for being gay. I created you! Learn to live the hardest path of love, by ACCEPTING YOURSELF!

One of my novels, “Marlene and the Religiously Insane” shares much of that New York experience, as the character Michael plays a young man trapped in religion, but is desperately seeking true love and a mystical experience with God and Spirit. You can find this book online at Amazon here. http://www.amazon.com/Marlene-Religiously-Insane-Bo-Sebastian-ebook/dp/B00K27CWQQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399554255&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=marlene+and+the+religiously+insane
To this information, I freely add that in July, I am moving to Southern Florida to begin a new small imprint publishing company called: Finding Authentic You Publishing: findingauthenticyoupublishing.com. I am accepting submissions now for my January 2015 bookshelf. If you or any friends are interested, please go to the website and read the submission guidelines. Thanks.

Finding Authentic You is my brand and is also a self-help guide, which I wrote, with 365 Discoveries, meant to aid you in facilitating some of life’s most difficult challenges, like sleep. But, the discoveries also lead you to what you believe spiritually, understanding your goals, learning to believe in your self, discovering the most distinct you, unlocking all of your negative thinking, and helping you replace it with positive, creative thought using many different modalities, including hypnosis, prayer, and psychology. Once you know yourself, then relationship with Spirit and people is a fairly easy task.

For much more information about finding out about the psychology of the human mind and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping me make this book be a Bestseller.



Finding Authentic You: With
365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change


* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends. 




No comments: