Monday, May 26, 2014

Sewing on a New Button #endings #memorialday #divorce #death

Sewing on a New Button
#endings #memorialday #divorce #death

As I proceed to a new day, remembering the people who have passed, I still think of my friend, Michael’s, words: Endings comes in ways we can’t arrange.” Endings are like a button that falls off for no reason. One day, after the shirt hangs in your closet for a while, with no button, you decide to take it out, remembering how much you enjoyed wearing it. You choose to sew a new button on, so that you can wear it again. I believe that the memory of the past has to be like this metaphor. We have to be able to see the good in the past to fully be able to wear it proudly again. And the button you choose to sew on is likened to a new, positive outlook added to that memory.
I have a friend Linda who has been gone from my life for four years from very fatal colon cancer. I say have, because I don’t see her as gone from my life. I’ll explain later in this blog. She and I were connected at the hip for our entire friendship. She understood me like few people do. She was unlike anyone I knew. She was a lawyer, a very deductive and precise thinker. But, she had a spiritual outlook that often tipped me off of my stationary scales of ideas and beliefs. I like the quality in a friend who makes you reconsider what you believe daily, not in a contentious way, but a loving compassionate way.

I remember when she moved away to Colorado Springs, because she couldn’t overcome any sickness—at that time, she didn’t realize it was probably the beginning of the cancer. She called me one day completely excited. “I have the best idea,” she said. “There is a writer’s conference in Colorado Springs, a couple blocks from where I live. It is one of the best in the world. You could go to the conference with me, and we can have fun for a week!”

This was a great idea. I had been a fledgling writer, didn’t have 13 books published as I do now, and enjoyed going to writers’ conferences once or twice a year to boost my ego and meet agents and publishers. So, I went to the conference in the spring of 2000. At that conference, I was chosen to read a short story in a workshop that would be facilitated by the publisher that acquired my first two books. So, I know for certain that Linda’s life helped me in more ways than either of us knew, at that time. She did get to see the first book published, before she died. For that, I was very thankful to God.

I say that she is still a friend, because one evening after she passed into the ethers, she appeared to me as in a dream. She had bought me a small silver bell for Christmas one year. As we talked, she asked me to ring the silver bell whenever I wanted to talk with her. In that moment, I thought, I have no idea where I put that bell.

In fact, I hadn’t seen the bell since I moved into my new home two years prior to that. However, when I awoke the next morning, the bell was on my nightstand, as if it were there the entire time. I was astonished and, also, relieved that Linda would still be with me throughout my life and into eternity as an angel. I do believe in angels and spirits helping us and showing us truth from above and beyond.
I now believe that everyone I know who has gone on before me into the heavenly realm has the possibility of being an angel from the other side. For that, this Memorial Day becomes a time for me to rejoice in the spiritual realm for all those who have moved forward before me into their spiritual growth outside the human body. Now, they can be angels from the other side, knowing us in ways no other spirits could. For that, I give thanks on this Memorial Day.

***
I am moving to Southern Florida to begin a new small imprint publishing company called: Finding Authentic You Publishing: findingauthenticyoupublishing.com. I am accepting submissions now for my January 2015 bookshelf. If you or any friends are interested, please go to the website and read the submission guidelines. Thanks.
Finding Authentic You is my brand and is also a self-help guide, which I wrote, with 365 Discoveries, meant to aid you in facilitating some of life’s most difficult challenges, like sleep. But, the discoveries also lead you to what you believe spiritually, understanding your goals, learning to believe in your self, discovering the most distinct you, unlocking all of your negative thinking, and helping you replace it with positive, creative thought using many different modalities, including hypnosis, prayer, and psychology. Once you know yourself, then relationship with Spirit and people is a fairly easy task.

For much more information about finding out about the psychology of the human mind and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping me make this book be a Bestseller.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=finding%20authentic%20you&sprefix=finding+%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afinding%20authentic%20you


Finding Authentic You: With 365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change

* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends.

No comments: