Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Fortune Begins with You

The Fortune Begins with You

My entire life, I have been listening to people say, “If only I could win the lottery, I would be okay.”

Really? Who wouldn’t be okay—at least, financially?

I had a friend who got laid off today. He was depressed, as you can imagine. He thought, this is just my bad luck. But the truth is, this guy believes that God is in control of his life. If he truly believes that, then Rejection is Direction. Right?

Being laid off might be the catalyst to find his dream job, to make more money than he’s ever made before, or to find a friend that is essential to his spiritual growth. Who knows what the reason is, only that it is? We have to be okay with the now, with the present situation, no matter what course it takes in our lives.

If you’re a seeker, than you will probably be asking yourself the question, why, when something happens that changes the course in your life. That’s a good thing to do. Ask Spirit to send you messages and answers through people and the metaphors of nature. Surely, you will see a sign that will direct you. Why would God want you to be lost? God wouldn’t.

You may expect that you will be depressed or despairing, if you lose a relationship or a job. But your reality doesn’t have to be negative. It can be positive.

Do a treatment I use on myself. It is a combination of NLP and EMDR and self-hypnosis.

When a negative emotion comes up, I hold on to it with my breath. I clench my sphincter muscle (like the Kegel exercise) and feel the emotion in my chest, as I hold my breath. Then when I release my breath, I imagine releasing the emotion as well.

I then close my eyes, as I exhale, and move my eyes like small erasers to the right and to the left as I touch a place on my body that we will call your anchor. When I touch that anchor, I repeat to myself out loud, “Direction, not rejection!”

So, you will have accomplished a few things when you do this exercise. You will feel as if you are bringing up an emotion and actually physically embracing it. You will integrate that same feeling with your right and leftbrain. You will anchor a positive thought to this sensation that will counter the negative thought.

All of this will eventually evaporate the old belief in yourself and create new power you never thought you had.


* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available f

or private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.





* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.




No comments: