Friday, July 26, 2013

Natures Natural Atrophy

Nature’s Natural Atrophy

This morning, while looking at my flower beds, I noticed that the day lilies had almost completely faded, leaving way for the summer blooms—the morning glories, four-o’clocks, moon flowers, black-eyed susans, zinnias, mandevilla, roses, marigolds These are hardier flowers that can stand lots of sun and less water. The flowers requiring lots of water and a cooler temperature like hydrangea begin to turn brown and the flowers grow limp and colorless as they die off. A natural atrophy occurs in nature to make room for the new flowers that will find strength in the different atmospheric condition.

Moving forward with my theory about nature showing us metaphors for our daily life, there is also a natural atrophy in relationships—especially friendships. As I change and grow toward my spiritual and work-related goals, I find that the people I mingle with also change. My older friends, some of whom built a foundation for the more profound friendships I have now, are no longer close at all.

At first, the feeling of losing close friendships ate away at my heart. Every time I would think about someone who had been intimate and close and who was now in the distant past, my soul ached. The more I look at nature, though, the more I realize that the old friendships move away to make room for the relationships that can flourish in this new part of my life.

Let’s take away any hardships that had occurred in the relationship. Let’s release any misunderstandings that may have gone untold. Let us realize now that the only thing that is important is that you retain the value of the old relationships and move on with your life. This would include the new friends who can support you exactly where you are now. Nothing else really matters but the present.

I find that some of my old friendships, as close and as loving as they had been through some very rough times, don’t actually reflect who I am now. I wouldn’t have minded bringing those friendships into my present life, but life simply wouldn’t allow the different parts of my life to merge, much like the day lilies, with each bloom lasting only one day. If you missed the flower that day, you simply never got to behold its beauty.

However, there are old friends in my life who seem to be growing in the same direction as I am. These people flow in and out of my life like waves that occur at different cycles of the moon. Their richness never ceases. Timing, however, makes our rendezvous flourish in new and bright ways.

Nothing pleases me more than to see a friend I haven’t seen in twenty years and find that we have taken almost the same course to our present personal truths. My motto now is that there is no such thing as rejection.

Only Direction!
* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.




No comments: