Thursday, July 18, 2013

Soul Suckers and Quick Fixes

Soul Suckers and Quick Fixes

If you want to get out of the soul-sucking trappings of your old beliefs, you have to begin seeing yourself as someone who is deserving for good, for financial blessings, and for true love.

I remember when I was going out on the road a lot as a professional promo-robot. (Yes, Bo, what haven’t you done?) Our stage manager sometimes used to have to fix my heavy, large mechanical costume on the fly. She called it Jerry Rigging. I’m not sure what kind of negative ramifications that term has, but I’m sure it is connected with something prejudice. However, the term means to fix something crudely, for the benefit of needing its use quickly.

We all know that if you pay to get something fixed with bad or old parts or with a less-than-able mechanic, you are liable to have the machine break down again sooner. But often we take that chance because we don’t have the money to have the job done correctly and with new parts. I have made this choice a few times. Much to my dismay, I ended up having to replace an engine in a BMW 730 about 15 years ago. Getting the car fixed cost me as much as four house payments. I wasn’t happy. But this bad venture still didn’t keep me from being frugal again in the near future.

I bought a manufacture-repaired carpet cleaner at Big Lot. I used the cleaner to do all the carpets in the house once, and bam—it was broken. Fortunately, it had a 3-month warrantee on it. I took it back. They asked me if I wanted to replace it with another one. I figured with a three-month warrantee and me only doing the carpets once every six months, I would be out another sweeper if I didn’t get my money back now. So, I did.

We never spend our money or time wisely when we settle for second rate anything. My friend Sharon is single and often goes out with men just to have a date for the weekend. Most times she comes to me afterwards and says, “Bo, why do I keep doing this to myself?”

She does it for the same reason I spent less on a second-rate item: because I think I have less, so I settle for less.

Listen! If you have been brought up in a poor household like me, then you know what it is like to have soup for four days in a row before payday. I can’t even look at barley soup to this day without thinking about diarrhea. The soup filled me up, but also made me sick. Had I continued to eat like that, I would have probably gotten overweight as well.

I notice that I certain type of person exists who inherently looks for people like me, to sell to, to date, or to try to win me over to a new marketing sales opportunity. I have learned my lesson on all three. For me to be fortunate, find secure love, and not to have my soul sucked from vipers and bottom feeders, I have to start looking at myself as a winner.

What is your ultimate truth about yourself and your world? If you know what kind of truth is stamped on your subconscious mind, you’ll probably understand why you spend your life either rich or poor. I have know very rich people who have lost everything, only to find themselves back on top in a couple of years again. Why? Because they recognize that they are inherently rich, and no one can take that mantel from them.

People who have had money all their lives, even if it has been from rich parents, don’t usually end up poor. They end finding other ways to produce the income it takes to have a life of prosperity.

People who have grown up in households with secure parenting and loving and compassionate caregivers, usually end up being securely attached as adults. Anxiously or Avoidantly Attached adults find it hard to attract this secure type of person because we don’t share their outlook. The securely attached person is going to be looking for someone of the same ilk and mental vision as him/her.

Let this be your affirmation for the day: “I am made in the image and likeness of my heavenly parent. My spiritual parent gives me all good, infinite wisdom, and divine healing daily. Because I have been born into this heavenly kingdom as a child of God, I have a birthright that allows me to always be living in my spiritual truth, which includes prosperity, wisdom, and secure love. I claim this for myself and for those around me NOW! And so it is.”

* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.



No comments: