Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Don't Live LIfe Backwards

Don’t Live Backwards

If you haven’t ever noticed before, the word LIVE backwards spells EVIL! What an amazing metaphor for life. If you are going backwards, that may be the definition you have been needing for the word evil.

The word evil has always been a bit of a conundrum. I don’t like to use the word because I think even believing it exists gives it power. However, you can’t look around you without noticing that plenty of negativity exists in the world.

I go back to the Book of Job in the bible. Satan was God’s pawn in the process of testing Job. Satan wasn’t bad; he was simply doing what God asked him to do. Satan was created as the opposing force of Good. If you believe God is all in all and that God is the creator of all things and has a divine purpose, you must also believe there is a reason and a purpose for evil—or whatever you choose to call it.

When I stopped looking at the present as a moment in time that could possibly be hurting me, taking something away from me, or be killing me, I realized that I have no fear of death, because there is a purpose for my life. When I stop having the purpose I’ve been put here to do, I will cease to exist on this playing field.

I really don’t have a problem with that. I find that people who are caught up in life and in the treasures of life as if no other purpose exists except to bring them joy or pleasure, they are sorely disappointed in anything negative that goes on in their lives. Big news! Negativity has its purpose in life. And it may be here solely to teach you your biggest lesson.

As I have realized that the sun and moon don’t rise and fall just for me, nor does the rain and thunder fall on my enemies only, life is just life. Human existence is ephemeral and fleeting. We have a certain amount of time to exist for a purpose; whether it be to learn a lesson, serve the world, or to be addicted to drugs to discover a higher purpose or teach a parent a hard lesson about codependency, we have a distinct amount of time here.

If you don’t use it wisely, put aside the time you spend on contemplating the past, and treasure the now as if it were all you have, then eventually you will become depressed and angry about life. Then, once again, you will have the opportunity to learn a lesson that could put you on the pathway to peace, or you could choose to live backwards and form some more evil to help you understand why and how and when all things went askew in your life.

Take a lesson from a man who has lived life from all sides now. When I am looking down as an observer, I’m more comfortable, able to live fully, and take advantage of every joy and opportunity that is presented to me.

Namaste.


* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available f

or private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.





* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.


 

No comments: