Monday, April 29, 2013

Pressure Wash Your Past Away


Pressure Wash Your Past Away

I’ve been working on reframing my pond the last few days—changing the waterfall feature. I have a great friend helping me redesign it with rocks cascading from the waterfall. It will be so much more beautiful than it was before. As we replaced the rocks, there was deep layer of small rocks on the thick black liner. Beneath the rocks was enough dirt to plant flowers.

For almost five years I’ve been wondering why every time I turned on the water fountain, cascades of dirty water would rush down into the pond. The dirt was beneath the clean stones, and I never actually knew it was there, because I never took time to remove all the obstacles to the liner.

My friend suggested that as we move the rock out and pressure wash the rocks and clear out the dirt from the liner before we begin to rebuild. What a great lesson for releasing the old and beginning with a clean slate to start to rebuild your new life.

The timing of this lesson couldn’t be more appropriate for me as I lean forward into something new and fascinating. I know it’s the honeymoon stage, but I haven’t felt my heart leap like this in a long time. But, I can see that I could very easily drag old behavior and mistake—dirt—into my new life and new relationships if I don’t carefully remove all the blocks to love and literally pressure wash the lining of my heart. I’m sure there is more dirt on the pathway to my heart than I could possibly imagine hiding beneath the pristine rocks that have been so carefully erected to attract new love. Trust me, I know that the first few months of a relationship are a bit of a smoke screen. But why not enjoy the new feelings and excitement while you are cleansing the pathway?

I worked hard this morning. My arms and legs hurt from lifting rock. As I write this waiting for my lunch to warm up, sweat is on my brow, my clothes smell like gasoline, and I’m dirty from head to toe. But the pride of knowing that I have worked hard to make this place look beautiful is along side every heartache like a clinging vine needing the tree of life to grow on to.

Remember just a couple weeks ago I wrote that God had shown me the dead bird in the yard, and immediately after, two mating birds fell from the pine tree in front of me? The next day I picked up an affirmation at the YMCA and it read, “God takes care of every feather on every bird!”


* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211. 

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

No comments: