Sunday, June 15, 2014

Who’s Your Daddy? #fathersday, #father #dads #self-esteem #dreamanalysis #jung

Who’s Your Daddy?
#fathersday, #father #dads #self-esteem

Many people joke about being arrested and the gay behavior or mistreatment that follows, as straight inmates tend to take “not so straight men” as their bitches, leading me to my title today. I had a recurring dream last night that I was being arrested for something I didn’t do. In the dream I was riding a bicycle through my old neighborhood where I grew up. Where there used to be a park adjacent to St. Philomena’s Catholic church, I began to ride my bicycle onto the pavement of the park. As I entered a gated area, I noticed that everyone in the park was in the middle of a baseball game. All men—burly, masculine men—stared at me, as if I didn’t belong there. Suddenly, I saw the signs on the fence: Police Academy, PRIVATE PROPERTY. I apologized with a grandiose “sorry” and quickly exited. But, to my dismay, one man who looked at me with hateful eyes, arrested me. When I got to the booking area, I was told that I had many priors and was being held because of suspicious behavior.

I searched my pocket for my IPhone to call the meanest and harshest lawyer friend I knew. Before she could arrive, I was led back to a cell, kicking and yelling. That’s when the dream ended. Before my father died, he told me that I was to carry his mantle, somewhat like “Joseph, and the Amazing Colored Dream Coat.” He said, “Now, it’s your turn to take care of your mother and four sisters!” My father didn’t ask me to begin this journey of responsibility. He simply gave it to me. Sure enough, after his death, I began to pick up the pieces of many lives in my family, including nieces and nephews, just as my father would have. So, who is wishing me a Happy Father’s Day? No one, actually, even though I have been surrogate dad for 11 years now.

As a student of Jung, I look at my dream as an archetype of my life. Each character in the dream represents a part of me. As symbolic of this dream-analyzing theory, I devised the epic dream in my mind to depict all different aspects of myself. (This is one way to look at the disturbing dream.) If this is the case, then not only do I feel judged for something I’m not responsible for, but I also feel as if I’m judging myself just as harshly as the world, perhaps, even harsher—as the picture of the hateful policeman.

One aspect of the dream I noticed was that I called for help and help didn’t arrive in time. Another aspect of this dream could be that I see the helper—God figure—as a mean and vengeful person who exacts revenge and also exonerates the accused. But, in my dream, no God arrived in time. I find this part of my dream to be the most interesting. I know that I have even shared with some friends lately that I feel Spirit God is purposely keeping me waiting for the sale of my house, because of some lesson that must learned before I leave for Florida. The dream certainly would parallel that truth in my own heart.

As for Daddy’s everywhere, I hope you are not the archetype of the judgmental men in my dream. I’m happy about this day that honors fathers. A father, in today’s harsh world, takes a valiant man, willing to watch a child fall down many times and learn hard lessons. Being a compassionate father, takes learning to let the world and spirit teach the hardest lessons to your child, and to keep your arms wide open for when your child realizes his/her mistakes. If this were the case in most families, we would have a lot less children hating parents and many more great Father Archetypes. Happy Father’s Day.

***

Check out my new book: (New Promo YouTube Video—important for all GLBT friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4yGU-MVCtQ ) Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior: http://www.amazon.com/Uncommon-Gay-Spiritual-Warrior-Authentic-ebook/dp/B00KPIVOIY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401708367&sr=8-1&keywords=uncommon+gay+spiritual+warrior .

I am moving to Southern Florida to begin a new small imprint publishing company called: Finding Authentic You Publishing: findingauthenticyoupublishing.com. I am accepting submissions now for my January 2015 bookshelf. If you or any friends are interested, please go to the website and read the submission guidelines. Thanks.
Finding Authentic You is my brand and is also a self-help guide, which I wrote, with 365 Discoveries, meant to aid you in facilitating some of life’s most difficult challenges, like sleep. But, the discoveries also lead you to what you believe spiritually, understanding your goals, learning to believe in your self, discovering the most distinct you, unlocking all of your negative thinking, and helping you replace it with positive, creative thought using many different modalities, including hypnosis, prayer, and psychology. Once you know yourself, then relationship with Spirit and people is a fairly easy task.

For much more information about finding out about the psychology of the human mind and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping get this book and all of my media below into the right hands, helping the right hearts.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=finding%20authentic%20you&sprefix=finding+%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afinding%20authentic%20you


Finding Authentic You: With 365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change

* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-445-8861 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends.

No comments: