Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Fair Maiden and the Three Monks #lettinggothepast #yourstory #anxiety #encorecareer

The Fair Maiden and the Three Monks
#lettinggothepast #yourstory #anxiety #encorecareer

In Buddhism, a monk is never supposed to touch a woman. However, when three monks wandered in the woods came across a beautiful young maiden who couldn’t make it over a waterway, one monk gallantly picked her up and carried her across the river, so she wouldn’t get wet.

Hours later, after much frustration, his compatriot said to him, “How dare you pick up that woman. It is against all of our training and laws to do so.”

The monk who carried the woman replied, “I have set her down at the river’s edge, hours ago. When will you release her?”

This old tale speaks of carrying around the past or, more appropriately, our story about the past. I had a very interesting experience happen to me as I have been trying to let go of my own past, before I move to Florida. I had emailed an ex, who had to my knowledge post-relationship, had had about 5 affairs while we were together. He hurt me more than any one person could, as far as commitment goes. I wrote to him and just inquired how he was doing, in an effort to let go of my past. To my surprise, he wrote back a scathing letter; telling me that I had never honored him, made fun of him, and didn’t enter into his pain with him.

I started to write back this angry letter, then mid-sentence, I stopped and rewrote: “If you are willing to let go of your story of the past, I am, also, willing to let go of mine. Because, we obviously are seeing our relationship in two different ways.”
In the subsequent letter, he let me know that to become a friend now, I would not only have to let go of my story, but have to agree to enter into his pain with him and help him heal from the past. Still, I’m not so sure I want to swim across that wide lake to get to his pain; especially, because doing so would be exactly opposite of what my intention was—to release the past.

I find, that many times, in my sadness about moving, the first person I think about calling to share my angst is usually someone I, absolutely, shouldn’t call. It’s as if my subconscious mind cooks up stories and pain to recapitulate the past and bring back the very souls I wish to release. I get it now. My ego wants to hold on to my past, while my spirit wants to live in the present and look forward to the amazing vistas in my future.

So, if you keep trying to manage the past or “your story” by recapitulating old relationships, you may just try letting go completely and see how that feels. Often, Spirit will bring new relationships into your life that will give you the chance to make a different choice, one that you couldn’t make in the past.
I have seen this in my own life and know for certain that as I plunge forward, shoulder deep, into the waters of my future that I will make better choices where relationship is concerned. Now, as I can move away from those people who continue to see me as my “old story” will no longer have a tale to tell that concerns me.
Not all of us can pack up and move away from our past, but sometimes, after twenty-five years, you need to make a safe and secure move into a place that feels right and deliberate. For me, this move is more about being close to three loving sisters, my mother, my dog, my two close brother-in-laws, and three nieces and nephews, whom I wish to see grow into wonderful adults. I, also, have twenty friends who live in the area who I will be move toward. So, I don’t feel as if I’m alone at all. I feel as if I’m just entering into a world that welcomes me with open arms and gives me a great chance to have an encore career, as well. Be Blessed today!


***
Check out my new book: (New Promo YouTube Video—important for all GLBT friends (When you go to this link, if you have already seen the promo, look for the discoveries, as I have been posting new discoveries every week on YouTube):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4yGU-MVCtQ ) Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior: http://www.amazon.com/Uncommon-Gay-Spiritual-Warrior-Authentic-ebook/dp/B00KPIVOIY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401708367&sr=8-1&keywords=uncommon+gay+spiritual+warrior .


I am moving to Southern Florida to begin a new small imprint publishing company called: Finding Authentic You Publishing: findingauthenticyoupublishing.com. I am accepting submissions now for my January 2015 bookshelf. If you or any friends are interested, please go to the website and read the submission guidelines. Thanks.

Finding Authentic You is my brand and is also a self-help guide, which I wrote, with 365 Discoveries, meant to aid you in facilitating some of life’s most difficult challenges, like sleep. But, the discoveries also lead you to what you believe spiritually, understanding your goals, learning to believe in your self, discovering the most distinct you, unlocking all of your negative thinking, and helping you replace it with positive, creative thought using many different modalities, including hypnosis, prayer, and psychology. Once you know yourself, then relationship with Spirit and people is a fairly easy task.


For much more information about finding out about the psychology of the human mind and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping get this book and all of my media below into the right hands, helping the right hearts.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=finding%20authentic%20you&sprefix=finding+%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afinding%20authentic%20you


Finding Authentic You: With 365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change

* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-445-8861 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends.

No comments: