Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Your Personality Type Revealed: The Enneagram #enneagram #personalitytype

Your Personality Type Revealed: The Enneagram
#enneagram #personalitytype


When someone or something tries to fit my personality into a type, I often rebel. I find the process difficult to recognize the complexity of who I am, though, I’m sure, most other people around me could figure it out in a few minutes. I went to a seminar yesterday about Enneagrams. In minutes I was guessing close friend’s personality, but, for the life of me, I couldn’t figure out my own. “Mirror, meet Bo!”

I had heard of Enneagrams before, but knew nothing about them. What I didn’t know, for sure, is that they are deeply rooted in Christianity. In fact, a secret sect of Christianity in the fourth century, we were told, with secrets of its process that were considered too holy for the masses, was revealed to only priests and the holiest of holy.
Now, you can search the word on the Internet and find one of many personality enneagram tests to help you figure out your own personality type. When you view the picture attached to this discovery, you will see that the nine-pointed star looks like something right off of the front of a New Age Cereal Box. But, as I will explain, this personality finder really has little to do with religion and everything to do with the psychology of personality, though its suggestions and recommendations about where your personal work should be do feel like they lean toward spirituality.

The modern principals of Enneagrams of Personality were largely developed by Oscar Ichazo and Claudio Naranjo, but were influenced by the early work of G. I. Gurdjieff. The nine-pointed star represents nine different personality types. With each type, we have arrows and, what was referred to as wings, (the type to each side of your personality), and two opposing personalities; one in which you go to when you are happy, and one, which you go to when you are depressed or sad. The last place or point the arrows will lead you is where you will best develop as a human if you move toward that type.

I don’t expect that you will understand or be able to glean much from this simple explanation of enneagrams, though, as always, with my discoveries, I present to you different theories of psychology and spirituality for you to investigate. If this speaks to you, by all means, Google the word and have fun finding out a lot more about yourself. But, like me, you may find that to discover, where you fit on this diagram, may also be hidden deep inside your own subconscious, needing much prayer and meditation to unravel and identify the complexity of your own spirit and mind.

***
Check out my new book: (New Promo YouTube Video—important for all GLBT friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4yGU-MVCtQ ) Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior: http://www.amazon.com/Uncommon-Gay-Spiritual-Warrior-Authentic-ebook/dp/B00KPIVOIY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401708367&sr=8-1&keywords=uncommon+gay+spiritual+warrior .

I am moving to Southern Florida to begin a new small imprint publishing company called: Finding Authentic You Publishing: findingauthenticyoupublishing.com. I am accepting submissions now for my January 2015 bookshelf. If you or any friends are interested, please go to the website and read the submission guidelines. Thanks.
Finding Authentic You is my brand and is also a self-help guide, which I wrote, with 365 Discoveries, meant to aid you in facilitating some of life’s most difficult challenges, like sleep. But, the discoveries also lead you to what you believe spiritually, understanding your goals, learning to believe in your self, discovering the most distinct you, unlocking all of your negative thinking, and helping you replace it with positive, creative thought using many different modalities, including hypnosis, prayer, and psychology. Once you know yourself, then relationship with Spirit and people is a fairly easy task.

For much more information about finding out about the psychology of the human mind and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping get this book and all of my media below into the right hands, helping the right hearts.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=finding%20authentic%20you&sprefix=finding+%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afinding%20authentic%20you


Finding Authentic You: With 365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change

* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-445-8861 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends.

No comments: