Monday, June 9, 2014

Hoarders: Uncluttering Your Life #unclutter #hoarders #organization

Hoarders: Uncluttering Your Life
#unclutter #hoarders #organization

As I go through all of my own clutter that I have collected in the last 25 years from living in Nashville, I intend to give half of it away and try to sell some of the more valuable things. I simply don’t want to start a new life somewhere else with paintings crafted by an ex-lover, or a statue the mother of an old boyfriend gave me. We tell God and the universe our story about how much we can detach from the past as we look at these articles and can’t find the will in our minds to let go. But, the truth is, if we can’t let go of the old things, how do we make room for the new?
If you have ever met a hoarder, you know, first hand, what it would be like to be afraid of throwing away something important or something that you might need in the future. My dad was a hoarder of sorts. He saved every bolt, knickknack, and old piece of junk in the basement for his six children to clean out when he passed away. He even would save used toothpicks, because (he said) that only certain ones fit between his teeth. After his death, the toothpicks were the first to hit the trash.

I had the unfortunate privilege to be the child assigned to cleaning out the basement, which was the haven for mostly all of the clutter. He had another spare bedroom in which he collected used lottery tickets, mail, and photographs, which were in the 100,000s, by the time he died. In my quest to unclutter the junk from the treasures in the basement, I was fortunate enough to have an old friend and ex-partner with me who stopped me from throwing away three of the loveliest treasures of my life; an old picture of my father which I had framed; my father’s workbench, which my ex refinished; and an art deco table, which I refinished with a black veneer and use as a sideboard today. Just because something is stored away and looks like junk, doesn’t mean that it is meaningless or has no intrinsic value. Just as old thoughts and experiences, not everything needs to be thrown away. We simply need to organize that which is in our dwellings AND in our minds; hence, the need to unclutter!

Of course, as always with one of my discoveries, I am more concerned with uncluttering the mind than the home, as our minds are a perfect reflection of the current patterns in our lives. If we hoard, we fear. If we collect the past and can’t let go, we are liable to grasp tightly to all the pain in our past and the relationships gone badly and make icons of each of them, which will result in physical clutter in our lives. Take care of the problem in your mind, first, and there will be, at least, a lot less clutter in your home.

We only get 24 hours in a day. Spirit provides us with enough energy to expend in one day. Energy doesn’t operate on a lending system. When you use up more than your share, the energy comes from your body and will result in sickness. When we are completely filled up to the brim with our “to do” list, do we have room to let in something new and wonderful? You know the answer to that question. That’s why every year you go through your closet and give clothes you haven’t worn to the Salvation Army. Unfortunately, this loving act is an ego gift, because you are only making room closet so that you can go to Dillards and buy some new pumps and a great pair of jeans that actually fits your new larger size. I know the story. I do it myself. However, now that I’ve lost 20 lbs, I wish I would have hoarded the skinny jeans. I can’t fit into 75% of my pants.

But, as I sift through the mounds of tax receipts, old pictures, old music, CDs, books, and pretty glassware, I have to decide what is essential to my life and what no longer serves a purpose. With that, I must let go and let the universe decide the next place for what was once useful, but now no longer serves me. I use the motto: “I release and let go of all things that no longer serve me!” Trying saying that out loud as you sort through your life. I’m amazed at how clean and clear my entire aura feels when I make this shift, pack up a box of articles to give away, and clear the way for new space, new relationships, and a new life!

***
Check out my new book: (New Promo YouTube Video—important for all GLBT friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4yGU-MVCtQ ) Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior: http://www.amazon.com/Uncommon-Gay-Spiritual-Warrior-Authentic-ebook/dp/B00KPIVOIY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401708367&sr=8-1&keywords=uncommon+gay+spiritual+warrior .

I am moving to Southern Florida to begin a new small imprint publishing company called: Finding Authentic You Publishing: findingauthenticyoupublishing.com. I am accepting submissions now for my January 2015 bookshelf. If you or any friends are interested, please go to the website and read the submission guidelines. Thanks.
Finding Authentic You is my brand and is also a self-help guide, which I wrote, with 365 Discoveries, meant to aid you in facilitating some of life’s most difficult challenges, like sleep. But, the discoveries also lead you to what you believe spiritually, understanding your goals, learning to believe in your self, discovering the most distinct you, unlocking all of your negative thinking, and helping you replace it with positive, creative thought using many different modalities, including hypnosis, prayer, and psychology. Once you know yourself, then relationship with Spirit and people is a fairly easy task.

For much more information about finding out about the psychology of the human mind and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping get this book and all of my media below into the right hands, helping the right hearts.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=finding%20authentic%20you&sprefix=finding+%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afinding%20authentic%20you


Finding Authentic You: With 365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change

* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-445-8861 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends.

No comments: