Friday, June 6, 2014

All Humans Came Out of Africa #outofafricatheoray #creationism #gayspirituality #slavery #GLBTliberation

All Humans Came Out of Africa
#outofafricatheoray #creationism #humansevolve #slavery #GLBTliberation

The most widely accepted model of geographic origin and early migration of modern humans uses the 2010 discovery of genetic evidence from Africa to prove its theory that anatomically modern humans were solely in Africa between 200,000 and 60,000 years ago. When a recent speaker shared this information—I’m not sure why—I was completely astonished. After a few days of thought, I realized that our modern day paleoanthropology reflects the most dynamically strange paradigm. From the same place we evolved as humans, we also returned to capture Black Africans to create slaves.

In the modern Western world, we were missing something integrally important to the melting pot of America: Color! We went there searching for slaves, but found a cultural battle that involved a moral change, and ultimately—more balance in America. I’m not minimizing the incredible fight African Americans have had with prejudice, trust me; I’m simply watching the flow of modern culture evolve. Being gay in a world where, in some places you could die for this predilection, I see clearly that to gain balance, cultures often has to struggle in an opposing moral battle for the light of consciousness to shine brighter. I see this happening in the American culture now.

When I was young, you would never imagine having a gay character on television. In fact, I think Ellen Degeneres was the first. Now, you can’t turn on a television show without one of the main characters being gay. Even in the country show, “Nashville,” a young tough male singer struggles with his sexuality, marrying a woman to gain acceptance in the straight community. When I first moved to Nashville, no country singer would talk about HIV or the GLBT community, or even do a concert to raise money for HIV. Now, all of the stories on television are very similar about these gay characters: their need to be accepted and release their old story, to become individuals who are not all effeminate and, specifically, have the rights of every other human on earth, fiscally and legally.

Recently, I wrote a book called “Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior.” I wrote this book because of one comment I heard from one of my readers that blew my mind. As I walked into church one day, a straight married couple came running up to me. The man spoke, “Bo, I just have to tell you how much my wife and I have enjoyed hearing a gay man’s perspective of spirituality. We are learning so much from you.” This man was referring to my book with 365 daily discoveries about change: body, mind and soul, called “Finding Authentic You.”

What I realized in that moment was that, no matter how spiritual I had become, or how connected I had been to my spiritual belief, no matter how many places I have ministered and spoken; I would always be the gay man who was spiritual! Even in my own gay culture, I go into bars, and immediately, someone will come up to me and pour out his soul about being spiritually abandoned by the church or will throw Atheism in my face to start a fight about why gays should not care about the church or God. It’s as though, I’m this human gay magnet trying to help GLBT humans to put away their past prejudice against churches that have kicked them out for being different and create a new spiritual paradigm for them that rightly includes the ones who play the organ and decorate the church with pretty flowers. (I’m being purposely prejudice here to prove my point.)

So, I decided to honor that call and write a book that specifically talks about the process of growing up gay in a spiritual world where I wasn’t accepted, honored, or even taught that God loved me. Today is the last day that “Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior” is free as a promotion on Amazon Kindle. I hope you can share this news or get this book for yourself or someone you know who is working in the area of spirituality who is GLBT. Thank You.


***
Check out my new book: Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior, FREE STARTING TOMORROW on Amazon Kindle at: http://www.amazon.com/Uncommon-Gay-Spiritual-Warrior-Authentic-ebook/dp/B00KPIVOIY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401708367&sr=8-1&keywords=uncommon+gay+spiritual+warrior .

I am moving to Southern Florida to begin a new small imprint publishing company called: Finding Authentic You Publishing: findingauthenticyoupublishing.com. I am accepting submissions now for my January 2015 bookshelf. If you or any friends are interested, please go to the
website and read the submission guidelines. Thanks.

Finding Authentic You is my brand and is also a self-help guide, which I wrote, with 365 Discoveries, meant to aid you in facilitating some of life’s most difficult challenges, like sleep. But, the discoveries also lead you to what you believe spiritually, understanding your goals, learning to believe in your self, discovering the most distinct you, unlocking all of your negative thinking, and helping you replace it with positive, creative thought using many different modalities, including hypnosis, prayer, and psychology. Once you know yourself, then relationship with Spirit and people is a fairly easy task.

For much more information about finding out about the psychology of the human mind and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping get this book and all of my media below into the right hands, helping the right hearts.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=finding%20authentic%20you&sprefix=finding+%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afinding%20authentic%20you


Finding Authentic You: With 365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change

* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-445-8861 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends.

No comments: