Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pap’s Face: Shekinah Glory #spirituality #facingdeath #divinepresence #shekinahglory #livingintheNOW

In the summer after my freshman year of Carnegie-Mellon University, I went to spend the summer at my father’s home in West Mayfield, Pennsylvania. During some of the time during my stay, my father’s dad, Pap, we called him, joined us. Pap slept in my father’s bedroom, while my dad slept on the couch.

One evening, very late, I studied in the dining room, while my father watched television. Pap had gone to sleep hours before. I heard a loud sound, like a cry from Pap’s room. I jumped up to see if Pap was okay. When I reached the door of the bedroom, I could see a bright light shining from there, which stopped me in my tracks. I heard my grandfather speaking quietly. I waited for a few seconds to see if the sounds continued, but they had ceased.
Before I could enter the room, Pap jumped out of the bed to meet me in the hallway. One side of his face sagged as if he had just had a stroke. He spoke with a very broken Italian accent: “I saw Carolina (his deceased wife). She told me that God was not ready for me to come yet!”

Though his face was distorted, it shined with what the Hebrews called Shekinah Glory. This term came from a time when a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night had led Moses and the Hebrews through he desert, so that they could travel in the day and night (Exodus 13:20-22). Pap had been in the presence of such a light. Everything about his body and face shined brilliantly. He almost danced in the hallway, as he spoke, even though he apparently had a suffered a severe stroke. When you are in the presence of God’s light, whether it is around death or you having a spiritual epiphany, you never stop believing in something greater than you.

I had breakfast with a healing practitioner who has worked a great deal with palliative care. She described helping people toward their deaths. We shared stories about how beautiful the road toward death could be, when someone is ready and spiritually aware, as I, too, had worked with people moving toward the light in my practice, as well.

Having experienced this light many times, I’m not frightened of death, at all. The sting of death itself has passed by me, which is why; maybe, I have become practically fearless in the face of so many new challenges. I know what I’m capable of as a human and as a conduit of Spirit flowing in and through me. I barely ever think of negativity anymore.

But, in those rare cases, when the past caresses my soul, I take the time to understand my perceived enemy and become friends with it. I find that the more intimate I become with my own humanness and its responses to life, the more I know God.

Picture of Learning AloneBilly Ray's Secret CoverMeditation Bookcover

A Cookbook, a Novel, a Self-Help Book, a Yoga DVD! All great gifts from your friend—Bo Sebastian. Simply go to this link at www.Amazon.com or type in my name. Find great gifts for yourself, family members, and friends by supporting another friend in the process! Thank you.
* * *
 hummingbird
A Single Session w/Bo Sebastian
What would you feel like if everyday you loved yourself a little more…

What would you be if you loved and gave compassion unconditionally… to yourself first and then to others?
If you could imagine yourself so connected to God Source that everything you thought and every action you completed you trusted could heal yourself and, ultimately the world around you?

Create a Better Life with One Healing Session with Bo Sebastian
Call 954-253-6493 (All Sessions are done via PHONE, SKYPE or FACETIME.)
www.bosebastian.com

If you are a gay man or woman, you may want to direct your gaze to my newest blog: Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. This blog is an extension of my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UncommonGaySpiritualWarrior/) and group meetings about the rare combination of spirituality and "being gay" defines the most important part of us, even in relationship. Join me at: http://uncommongayspiritualwarrior.blogspot.com/. 
Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.


Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.

Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual WarriorGo directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]



No comments: