Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankfulness and Regret


Thankfulness and Regret

We hear so many stories around holidays about family issues and gatherings gone awry from siblings and parents forcibly getting together on that same holiday occasion, because no one really gets along, no one really knows each other, and families tend to make less of an effort to become authentic toward each other. What exactly does that make us thankful for?

Well, it makes me thankful for the family who does take time to be authentic and even more thankful for the friends who step up as surrogate family members and grow closer and more intimate with each passing day.

Usually on holidays, I make it a point to invite friends who don’t have a place to go for dinner to my home. This intimacy is the finest way to spend a holy day. We should celebrate with those who matter most to us. We should honor the people who take time to give daily, weekly, monthly to our lives in fulfilling and tender ways.

So, can we be thankful if we have never experienced the regret of having someone in our lives who we are not so thankful for? I wonder. I believe it is not possible to truly experience and understand good without knowing bad. True thankfulness is born of this juxtaposition. Even if as a voyeur you experience what could be by spending the day with homeless, you get the picture of true thankfulness. But if one never finds the opposing feeling to thankfulness, he or she has lost the most important lesson in life.

My
 dear friends of “Blog to Grow for Spirit,” I am so happy to announce that for this Holiday season I am offering two special editions of Inspirational Books: IN SEARCH OF A MORE AUTHENTIC YOU, Book 1 and Book 2. Each book has 100 readings from my spiritual and inspirational writings.

If you have someone you’ve been wanting to share my blog with, I’d recommend getting a copy for this special person this season. I am only offering this book in Kindle or PDF platform this season. But if you want to get it, print it out, and give it to someone you love, you are certainly welcome to do that.

The
 cost for each book is only $3.99.  You can’t beat that for a Christmas bargain. All you have to do is send me an email at bosebastian5@gmail.com and I will send you the book via email as an attachment. You can pay for the book by Paypal (bosebastian5@me.com), Credit Card [by providing info in the email or by phone (615) 400-2334], or by sending a check to:
Bo Sebastian
5001 Maywood Drive
Nashville, TN 37211

Also, for this season, please consider shopping at shop.bosebastian.com for mp3s, books, paintings, and gift certificates for any services I offer: hypnotherapy, private yoga, vocal lessons, and private vegetarian cooking classes.

I’ll be happy to send you a beautiful gift certificate or you can create one of your own. Again payment can be by Paypal (bosebastian5@me.com), Credit Card [by providing info in the email or by phone (615) 400-2334], or by sending a check to the above address.

Many thanks to you for supporting me and my work: To Grow For Spirit.
Bo Sebastian, CHT



* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and LifeCoach, available for private sessions to Quit Smoking, Lose Weight with the new Lap Band-Hypnosis, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334.  

No comments: