Friday, November 9, 2012

Blithely Written; Commensurately Read


Blithely Written; Commensurately Read

I live life mostly organically—not so much with food as with thought and action. What I feel you can see from ten miles away on my face. What I know to be true, you can be sure I’ll act on 99% of the time. (I’m no saint.) But one thing is absolutely sure, when I sit at the computer to write this blog, and I’m not exactly sure what to write or am not fully passionate about it, the number of readers drops from around 31,000 about 40%. Yes, you are in a growing number of Bo’s blog readers. And keep sharing, because it obviously is working.

I don’t know if many of you know that what I did when I first came to Nashville was teach vocal lessons. I still have a few select people I teach. (Smile if you’re one of them.) I had been a vocal coach since I was 18. So I have been doing this for… let’s see 52 – 18 years old = 100 years.

One thing I stress with every singer I teach is that very few people are interested in whether or not you have a pretty voice. More people value being able to hear the passion in your heart. That is something to strive for. To do that, you have to be completely resigned to letting go of all the muscles restricting your voice from the chest to the neck, which is your fifth chakra.  (For people who don’t know about chakras, check out some links to other of my blogs about chakras.)

The fifth chakra is where you are able to communicate your truth. So, if this part of your body is tight (your throat), then you can’t say what you believe or feel. In singing, you can hear in a person’s cantor whether or not they are free there, because tightness causes flatness or sharpness in the timbre of the voice. It also causes a pinched sound, which doesn’t make us want to listen for more than a minute.

However, when someone sings from his/her gut, it goes right to our hearts. This kind of passionate singing makes for a great artist, whether it’s beautiful or raspy.

As for everyday life, tightness in the throat chakra can contribute to not being able to say how you feel….

(To Read the rest of this Blog, please click on the link below. Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and LifeCoach, available for private sessions to Quit Smoking, Lose Weight with the new Lap Band-Hypnosis, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334.  www.blog2grow4spirit.com )

No comments: