Friday, November 2, 2012

Angry Rumor


Angry Rumor

There is nothing that can ruin a day more than a lie that has been told about you. If you’re anything like me, you feel helpless and hurt. Then the next thing you feel is betrayal. But the worst thing you feel is: How many people will actually believe the lie?

As I watch the elections and the endless ads about what he and she said and did, you have to know that most of these candidates are writhing in pain about what to do to clear their names, if their innocent. If they aren’t innocent, I’m sure they’re doing the same thing, but spinning for a very different reason.

I remember a time when I sold a business to a friend—a best friend. I thought I had nothing to worry about, because, by God, I was her child’s Godfather. We were tight as thieves. But, long story short, things didn’t happen the way I thought, and business promises were not kept. So, instead of just dissolving the business kindly, she hired a lawyer and kept all of my equipment and a very expensive electric piano. Then proceeded to tell every one of my dearest friends and the pastors of my church lies about me that I couldn’t prove wrong, because I had no paperwork to prove what we had promised in our agreement.

What to do? I made some stupid choices at first, rash at best. But when my heart settled to try and understand, I thought the best choice for me would be to try and get her to come to the table with me and discuss what happened, perhaps, with the ministers of the church, since she got them involved.

But she told them she wouldn’t talk to me. And, in fact, every time a dear friend came to me and asked me about the situation, I would say very much the same thing, “I’d love to discuss it all with her and get it worked out. See if you can get her to talk with me about it with you.” But time after time, she would never come to the table.

Eventually, my friends all figured…


(To Read the rest of this Blog, please click on this link. I appreciate you helping me out with this new format. The objective is to get people to the actual blog site and hopefully get you signed up for blog emails, trackbacks, comments, and truly get you involved in life change. Of course, you don’t have to do that to just read the blog. But my hope is some of you will step forward and begin to take part. www.blog2grow4spirit.com )


No comments: