Thursday, November 8, 2012

Misplaced Trust or Just Blind Prejudice!


I usually never write about politics, but this issue seems more about saving souls from themselves and a lack of faith in an entire community. It is on my mind, so I thought I’d attempt a blog about it to try and make sense of something that seems senseless.

A Tennessee Republican congressman won re-election on Tuesday overcoming revelations that he once had an affair with a patient and urged her to get an abortion, though he strongly supports anti-abortion politically.

Rep. Scott DesJarlais, a physician, beat Democratic challenger on Tuesday with a 57% lead. Dr. DesJarlais largely withdrew from public sight a month ago after this news emerged. His campaign used a heavy rotation of TV ads to link Stewart to President Barack Obama, an unpopular figure in the conservative 4th District, while Stewart simple played ads that were television news anchors reporting about the unjust acts of a Representative of Congress supporting anti-abortion.

So, we can basically say that Scott Desjarlais won because he was a Republican, not because he was a credible politician. Tapes of the allegations were aired on television. There was no question he was guilty in anyone’s mind.

Except, a conservative 4th District didn’t want to listen to anything that refuted a person who was in their party, even if it was absolutely true and was against the truths for which they voted him to office.

This, to me, was the most blatant disregard for organic soul truth I have ever seen in my life in an entire community of people. It is so blatantly ugly that it frightened me—kept me awake half the night.

In my mind, it would take bold anger against Democrats in general and a lack of communication with your heart and with God to put a check mark by a man who lies and cheats as he did. 

I am honestly asking any of my readers to tell me, if they voted for him, please let me know why. (You can do it by email. I won’t out you. I promise.) I need to understand what would allow someone to do this. Maybe I’m not seeing something that you clearly see.

I think Spirit is actually helping me see a vision of why, or at least a reason. I’m seeing entire cultures like India who mistreat women because of what they believe to be true, despite, maybe, what they know in their hearts. I mean, every child had to be raised by a loving mother. And yet, the son becomes this patriarchal demigod who rules over women because of the culture.

I see that it would take much clarity and a slow moving drive of compassionate men in the community to gestate toward change. Perhaps, this is the kind of subculture in the south we are dealing with here.

When we drive 30 miles in any direction from the city of Nashville, we do get into the heartland of the state, where strong ideals and different cultures haven’t been introduced into small communities. Thank God for television’s influence on these subcultures, especially on the children of these subcultures, for we would completely dismantled as a United front if most of our countries suburbs and small towns didn’t have children growing up with the strong influence of Facebook and Twitter and television, where they can tap into the commonality of the people in the larger cities and know there are all kinds of different people they can identify with, should they choose to.

When you hear the demographics of where politics are going, in four years, so many more of these younger, socially awake thinkers, will be voting, and so many more of the older, staunch Americans who can’t let go of their age-old prejudices will be passing on. This makes the future look a lot less grim.

I’m thankful for this blog to discuss my struggles and my truths with you. I hope you can share your thoughts with me today, as well.

(To Read other Blogs, please click on the link below. Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and LifeCoach, available for private sessions to Quit Smoking, Lose Weight with the new Lap Band-Hypnosis, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334.  www.blog2grow4spirit.com )

* * *
Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and LifeCoach, available for private sessions to Quit Smoking, Lose Weight with the new Lap Band-Hypnosis, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334.  
I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. Your connection to me blesses me in everyway possible. And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find me at www.bosebastian.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon, just by typing my name in the header.
FRIENDS: CLICK ON THE <<MORE>> BUTTON TO VOTE, LIKE, COMMENT OR SHARE… Thanks, Bo. 

No comments: