Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Cue Words #affirmations #self-hypnosis #EMDR

If you have ever watched women’s gymnastics, either at the collegiate or Olympic level, you may have noticed that the women constantly talk to themselves during their routines, especially on balance beam. You may have thought they looked a little crazy. But, you, also, may have noticed that the girls who are using these Cue Words are the ones who are able to concentrate the most.

In my life, I have used affirmations to help change my mind about a certain situation or fear. So, if I feel worry about having enough money to pay my bills, I might say, as an affirmation: All the wealth of heaven is mine, because I am a child of God! But sometimes, remembering a long affirmation takes too much time if what you’re trying to do is vanquish an old thought right as you are doing an action, like an audition or a beam routine. So, one single word that holds the most power may be an option for you that will work as a self-hypnotic trigger.

One word that I believe is a great cue word for me is NEUTRAL. I use this cue word when I want to stop the mental garbage in my mind that seems to collect about a particular instance that happened—maybe, I said something that I want to retract or someone said something to me that I don’t understand or can’t digest. Sometimes it’s right before a big proposal at work or just an angry moment. I simply say the word NEUTRAL, and everything goes quiet in my brain. If the chatter begins again, I speak the word again.

Eventually, what happens is that the neural pathways of the brain begin to memorize the neutral response. So, when you are in a very terrifying situation like a near car wreck, you can shout the word in a moment’s notice and elicit the same calm response from the body. This is very basic self-hypnosis, but works like a charm! Give it a try.


New web pic:TheoraphaszPicture of Learning AloneProtein Powered Veg - picMeditation Photo 
* * *
 Brahma
A Single Session w/Bo Sebastian
What would you feel like if everyday you loved yourself a little more…

What would you be if you loved and gave compassion unconditionally… to yourself first and then to others?
If you could imagine yourself so connected to God Source that everything you thought and every action you completed you trusted could heal yourself and, ultimately the world around you?

Create a Better Life with One Healing Session with Bo Sebastian
Call 954-253-6493 (All Sessions are done via SKYPE or FACETIME.)
www.bosebastian.com

If you are a gay man or woman, you may want to direct your gaze to my newest blog: Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. This blog is an extension of my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UncommonGaySpiritualWarrior/) and group meetings about the rare combination of spirituality and "being gay" defines the most important part of us, even in relationship. Join me at: http://uncommongayspiritualwarrior.blogspot.com/. 
Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.

Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.

Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual WarriorGo directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]




No comments: