Sunday, March 15, 2015

Interview Help with Character Keys! #jobinterview #auditioning #psychology

I took a wonderful workshop yesterday that I believe could help in any kind of interview, audition, or even dealing with getting over fear in a dating situation. The concept is called Character Key.

Basically, the concept is this: simply pick a character that you know very well, and imagine saying or doing your audition, interview, or dating conversation as that person or animal even (cats are a great I don’t care image what you think image).

For instance, I had an audition where I supposed to be a football lover and hanging out with a bunch of smoking, drinking dudes. This is so far off from my reality. So, I picked a character key, a person in my life whom I know dearly, my brother-in-law, who is a football coach. When I went into the audition, I used his very specific, interesting ways he talks and move his body. As I practiced, I mastered trying to be like him. But, what really happens is that I do a bad impression of him and add my own self to the mix, which creates a great new character.

When I got into the audition space, I nailed the copy the first time. I had no fear either, because my mind about speaking and doing from another person’s point of view.
Now, I know that usually I’m always looking for ways to be more authentically you, but sometimes fear gets in the way. This is a trick, in times when you have anxiety, to get beyond it with ease and purpose. I’d highly recommend it.

As an acting coach said to me once: “Find your Inner Depp!” Which meant, find your Johnny Depp within, because Johnny is known in the industry as being one of the greatest actors ever.
 GLUTEN FREE COVERBilly Ray's Secret CoveraFacebookcover
* * *
 Beautiful Bird
A Single Session w/Bo Sebastian
What would you feel like if everyday you loved yourself a little more…

What would you be if you loved and gave compassion unconditionally… to yourself first and then to others?
If you could imagine yourself so connected to God Source that everything you thought and every action you completed you trusted could heal yourself and, ultimately the world around you?
Create a Better Life with One Healing Session with Bo Sebastian
Call 954-253-6493 (All Sessions are done via SKYPE or FACETIME.)
www.bosebastian.com

If you are a gay man or woman, you may want to direct your gaze to my newest blog: Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. This blog is an extension of my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UncommonGaySpiritualWarrior/) and group meetings about the rare combination of spirituality and "being gay" defines the most important part of us, even in relationship. Join me at: http://uncommongayspiritualwarrior.blogspot.com/. 

Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.

Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.

Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual WarriorGo directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]




No comments: