Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Cosmology and Truth: The Difference Between Religion and Spirituality #gayrights #creativethought #lawofmind

“The Big Bang Theory” is a great comedic show that makes me laugh almost daily. However, for most of the scientific world, the words are also the answer to the question of cosmology, which is the theory or origin of the earth. The only people who have tried to deny The Big Bang Theory are, interestingly enough, religion. For instance, Christians say that the bible denotes that the world was made and framed by God in seven days. They blindly feel that science denies their religious belief, so they refute any science with the Word of God.

I remember when I was a Pentecostal minister in New York. I worked at a large computer firm for my day job. Almost every one of my associates was either agnostic or atheist. They all thought I was over the top with my religion, but still loved me. However, they took every opportunity to prove their scientific theories over my belief. I remember closing my eyes to their reality. I didn’t care what anyone said. I believed what I believed. My mind was completely made up and closed to hearing their refutes.

So, my closed mind kept me from challenging my Christian beliefs, but it also left me with many questions that I simply couldn’t face alone in the quiet of my own apartment. When I finally began to ask the questions of God and the scriptures that my friends had been asking me, I realized that science and spirituality didn’t have to be enemies. In fact, science sometimes actually began to prove the existence of something greater and more powerful operating in the universe.

For instance, the theories of quantum physics suggest that all time is happening at the same moment. When we break this down, it could be the reason why we have dreams about things we don’t know. This could be the answer to déjà vu. This could also help a spiritual person understand past lives. Yes, I know, none of this helps the Christian believe that science and God are one. Or could it? Are spiritual people and religious people of the same ilk?
No. Religious people tend to live blindly, committing to something without proof. Religions that would ask you to sacrifice yourself for God are usually the kind of blind faith that would blow up a building or destroy life with a human bomb. But, is this blind sacrifice any less destructive when your religion tells you to deny teachers and scientists all over the world to keep your faith?

When you don’t believe in the science that says gay people were born with a predisposition in their brains to cause them to be gay, then you would, instead, believe in a law that denies another person’s basic human rights.

I watched a newscast yesterday with an interview from a Republican frontrunner for president. He said that he had many gay friends, but simply didn’t believe that being gay is a right you can fight for, legally. I understand that he wanted to speak up for those who had religious beliefs different than mine, and perhaps, yours, but his need to protect rights would allow others to be disenfranchised. How can that be right? And, we’re back to the difference between religion and spirituality.

No one, I know, who practices the laws of basic spirituality is trying to dishonor other people. Usually, without the need to fight, we authentically step out into our faith by loving and being compassionate to others. However, I know that when someone who is religious tries to tread on my rights, I will keep them from trespassing on my premises. A gay person who has fought hard to gain equal right will not stand by as blind religion coerces others to fight their battles in the face of truth.

I saw a movie last night that had a bus full of young, brainwashed men and women who were chanting something their religious leader had suggested was truth and honorable. None of their minds could be shaken with their reality, which was that they were all going to prison for conspiring to bomb a U.S. building. No American would deny that this kind of religion is lethal. As the bus traveled along and they continued to chant, each of them began to break their own thumbs, which released them from their shackles and allowed them to overcome the two guards with guns. Their leader, in turn, escaped the confines of the bus.

This scenario registered in my mind as the power of religion being deadly. I am glad that Spirit opened my consciousness to something greater than just words. I now believe in the Power that created all that I can see and more. I don’t have to deny what Spirit is to believe in my truth. I simply embrace science and spirituality in the same breath. I now pray: “God, that is, that was, and will always be expanding in the universe, and as small as particle physics; I am one with your greatness as I have been created in the image and likeness of You.” I don’t have to deny anything that is real and honest, to have a strong spiritual belief in a unified force that is greater than you and I, but operating in us and through us with power and love that will change the world.

Billy Ray's Secret CoverBook Cover - Full SizeGLUTEN FREE COVERAnxious Attachment Picture

A Cookbook, a Novel, a Self-Help Book, a Yoga DVD! All great gifts from your friend—Bo Sebastian. Simply go to this link at www.Amazon.com or type in my name. Find great gifts for yourself, family members, and friends by supporting another friend in the process! Thank you.
____________________
Beautiful Bird

A Single Session w/Bo Sebastian
What would you feel like if everyday you loved yourself a little more…
What would you be if you loved and gave compassion unconditionally… to yourself first and then to others?
If you could imagine yourself so connected to God Source that everything you thought and every action you completed you trusted could heal yourself and, ultimately the world around you?
Create a Better Life with One Healing Session with Bo Sebastian
Call 954-253-6493 (All Sessions are done via SKYPE or FACETIME.)
www.bosebastian.com

________
If you are a gay man or woman, you may want to direct your gaze to my newest blog: Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. This blog is an extension of my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UncommonGaySpiritualWarrior/) and group meetings about the rare combination of spirituality and "being gay" defines the most important part of us, even in relationship. Join me at: http://uncommongayspiritualwarrior.blogspot.com/. 
 
* * *

Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.
Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.

Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual WarriorGo directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]
 
 

No comments: