Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Difference in One Pill #prescriptionmeds #medicine #holistichealth

I have always thought that my life would be much better if I didn’t take any prescription medications. In fact, most people who come through my doors feel the same. A holistic approach to health is an admirable desire, except in some instances when neurological or psychological problems occur. Then, sometimes one pill can be the difference between sanity and insanity. I have an interesting story to prove my point.

As I have had to change insurance companies, I didn’t think it was necessary for me to have a December appointment with my old PCP, because I was about to get a new one. However, by not going to that appointment, in January that same doctor would not prescribe two medications for me. I called his cell phone in hopes that he would reconsider. The pharmacy called his office, but to no avail. One of these prescriptions was considered a psychotropic drug and also is a scheduled drug, which means that it must be prescribed monthly. Even if the prescription had 2-3 refills on it, the pharmacy, by law, cannot dispense this medicine in Florida. In Nashville, I could have this medicine prescribed for 6 months without a problem. So, suddenly, I was without a medication I had been taking for 5-6 years.

I had no idea what horrors the next month would hold, or I would have gone to the emergency room or a Doc in the Box to seek help. My symptoms started off with sleeplessness. Since I was taking Klonopin as a mild sedative to help me relax, I figured that sleeplessness would happen. So, I endured. However, in the coming days, strange effects began to happen. I lost senses in my mouth. Everything tasted like metal. Then, at night, when I would try to sleep, my heart would race, so badly that I wouldn’t fall asleep until three in the morning. My fingers and toes would go numb. And I would get so hot that I would sweat terribly.

Even these symptoms seemed tolerable until the worst symptom of all came three weeks into the withdrawal. My blood pressure raised to 180 over 129. When this happened, I lasted about two days before I took myself to the Emergency Room. I sincerely thought I was having a heart attack. All of these physical symptoms had no bearing on the mental anguish all of this caused. I felt as if I was going crazy. I was anxious for a couple of weeks and even broke up with a guy I had been dating during that time, maybe because I was unable to distinguish right from left, happy from sad.

One hour after I got to the ER and was treated for the withdrawal, my body began to go back to normal. Only two days after the visit, I am back to normal and can hardly believe I let myself go through the mental and physical anguish of the last month. I find it easy to blame the doctor who took care of me for a year then abandoned me at the end of the year. But the truth is the fault lays directly on me. I should have gone to the December appointment. I would have been covered until the appointment with my new PCP, which I wasn’t able to attain until February 17. One doesn’t think that a doctor’s appointment will take that long to get, which is why I didn’t worry about going to the December appointment. Medical care in another state, especially one such as Florida, can be very different in its approach to dispensing medicines.

Over the years, I have had a few clients who are consistently hyper and anxious. One, in particular, has congestive heart failure and rarely takes medication. She tells me that her blood pressure and blood sugars are always elevated. This would lead me to believe that her sleeplessness and anxiety is probably directly related to her NOT taking her meds.
If I had to choose between taking one pill to help me feel normal and not taking the pill and feel anxious, sleepless, and in pain; I would choose taking the pill. Hands down! No questions asked. I’ll never go through this anguish again.
 
____________

GLUTEN FREE COVERBilly Ray's Secret CoverFatal Virtues Cover
A Cookbook, a Novel, a Self-Help Book, a Yoga DVD! All great gifts from your friend—Bo Sebastian. Simply go to this link at www.Amazon.com or type in my name. Find great gifts for yourself, family members, and friends by supporting another friend in the process! Thank you.
* **
Beautiful Bird
A Single Session w/Bo Sebastian
What would you feel like if everyday you loved yourself a little more…

What would you be if you loved and gave compassion unconditionally… to yourself first and then to others?
If you could imagine yourself so connected to God Source that everything you thought and every action you completed you trusted could heal yourself and, ultimately the world around you?
Create a Better Life with One Healing Session with Bo Sebastian
Call 954-253-6493 (All Sessions are done via SKYPE or FACETIME.)
www.bosebastian.com

If you are a gay man or woman, you may want to direct your gaze to my newest blog: Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. This blog is an extension of my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UncommonGaySpiritualWarrior/) and group meetings about the rare combination of spirituality and "being gay" defines the most important part of us, even in relationship. Join me at: http://uncommongayspiritualwarrior.blogspot.com/. 
Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.

Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.

Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. Go directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]
 
 

No comments: