Sunday, February 16, 2014

Unpacking Your Bags #recovery #olympics

UnPacking Your Bags #recovery #olympics

Life is full of large and small challenges. We don’t judge your life by what happened in the past. We are more inclined to judge our lives by how well he handled the problem. You will notice the montages about present Olympians. Each has the winner falling many times in the growth toward greatness. Failure is just part of the great process of success. A wise man once said to me, “Life is more about the path you walk on, than what’s at the end of the path!” I believe that with all my heart.

I found myself telling a client that she should consider what is happening right now in her life, instead of clouding her reality with her “to do” list. If she did that, she may find that she is sad, upset, or stuffing down emotions (which later translated to stuffing down food). The reality, though it may feel like failure, pain, or desperation is the only place to begin to make consistent and effective change. When you start from where you are, you can cry the entire day if you need to, but you’ll find that tears are like the blood that rushes to the surface of the skin when you cut yourself. The blood washes away impurities so that the wound will heal. So, also, are tears for the emotional body. Tears purge the body of unneeded angst and frustration and pain.

Once, I found myself riddled with discomfort. My stomach hurt so badly that I couldn’t eat the entire day. I knew that I had been reacting to a hurt in my life. I tried to face it by being by myself, but scads of muck simply kept prattling through my head like a looping bad movie. But that evening, something triggered a great cry. I wept so hard that my body felt as if it were regurgitating. In actuality, my body needed to release all that no longer served it. After a great cry, a hug from someone I love, I began the difficult time of healing.

Healing is much easier these days, knowing that God always has a gift at the end of that tunnel you find yourself crawling through to get to daylight again. Know that about difficult times. I can’t think of one tragic event in my life that didn’t end in a wonderful lesson, a consistent truth, a myriad of change, or a fresh, new beginning.

If you’re facing tragedy today or sadness, know this about life and about yourself. If you face your pain head on, you are more likely to heal faster. Your goal is to go through all the steps. Don’t avoid the hard ones to get to the anger. This doesn’t help the process or make you any more authentic. If you are sad, grieve. If you need to punch your pillow, do that. Take out your frustrations and pain in healthy ways. Eventually, you will get out of that tunnel and face the beautiful sunshine of a new day. I promise.

___________________________________
On a separate note, I hope you get a chance to enjoy my new book, “Finding Authentic You.” There are 365 daily spirit-mind-body discoveries. You can now find it on Amazon and Amazon Kindle. Below are the links.  If you’re like to follow along with a group, there is also an online Year to Clear Challenge described below.

TOOLS FOR CHANGE:
Go to Storefront to buy any of the following or make a donation to Finding Authentic You: www.shop.bosebastian.com


·       Introduction to Meditation
·       Smoke Cessation mp3
·       Weight Loss mp3
·       Hypnotic Lap Band surgery Mp3
·       Insomnia mp3
·       Eternal Om mp3
·       Meditation Music mp3
·       Guide to Meditation mp3
·       Healing the Body mp3
·       And my “Lessons from the Heart” book ready for your download purchase.
Go to Home Page: www.BoSebastian.com


______________________________________________

New Challenge: Go to Week 13 of the “Year to CLEAR Challenge” at www.Bosebastian.com
______________________________________________

Go to www.bosebastian.com for Week One to Four Challenges:

* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com. Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day.  I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

Also, look for MY LATEST BOOK:  “Finding Authentic You, 7 Steps to Effective Change” with a Year to CLEAR (C-larity, L-ove, E-nthusiasm A-nd R-elationship-Ready) on my Website in the Webstore. Thanks!




No comments: