Monday, February 25, 2013

Wicked


Wicked

“Are we born wicked or is wickedness thrust upon us?”  from the musical Wicked.

You have to wonder about a world filled with so many atrocities, especially where children are concerned, how this affects the amount of crime in the world. If children were given the chance to grow up in environments that helped them flourish and have healthy self-esteems, would crime even exist? Personally, I think most of it would disappear.

So, how do one stop the process of wickedness being thrust upon the world by unmeaning and ignorant parents, teachers and friends? Can we legislate who gets to have children, be around them, teach them, and have laws that can be broken and fines accrued for those abusing these laws? It would make some sense. What about the children? They seem to have no advocates until it’s too late.

In my “sitting in the loneliness phase of my break-up,” I’ve watched a heck of a lot of television. It seems that every crime drama is traced back to some kind of childhood abuse. Who is going to be the wise politician who comes up with a brilliant idea to prophylactically protect children by possibly interviewing them individually at schools? Will we cause too many family interferences? Will we have deceptive children trying to get parents in trouble and get away with more trouble? Probably. Social worker already seems to cause a myriad of problems, but also contains some real solutions as well.

It doesn’t seem like there is a real definite solution to stopping the problems with childhood abuse. Someone said tonight that if you could go back in time, what would you change? I thought hard about it. Every bit of abuse that happened to me as a child made me the person I have become. But then again, had I not had to spend my entire life getting over childhood drama, maybe I could have done something dynamically profound to change the world. Maybe I would have gone into medicine as I had planned and cured cancer. Who knows? So, the answer to the question was simple, I would go back and make sure I was raised by my mother, who clearly had a handle on compassion, which I severely lacked as a child. Perhaps, had I had compassion and more love, I wouldn’t have had the heartache I suffered. Also, maybe I would have tried so hard to gain avoidant and unavailable love.

I have a divine opportunity that not too many people get in life. I actually get to relive some of my childhood by having my mother live with me now. We get to go through the problems of my past together and sometimes even resolve them with just a compassionate and loving embrace. Mothers are magical when it comes to love. I can’t imagine not having her here as I’ve waded through the deepest waters of my relationship’s emotions. She has helped me heals parts of my past that I didn’t realize she could fix with her presence.

If you’re a mother or a parent and have a child who is going through something traumatic, know that you still have a tremendous influence on their neuro-dynamics. Everything in our minds relate back to our parents and to our childhood. So, parents can often bring clarity and truth where no psychologist and therapist can. But parents have to wait for the child to be willing to have their help. And the help may be realizing that their point of view was far different than their young child’s. Remember that no one is right or wrong in reliving the past. We simply are trying to make sense of feelings and decisions made.

So, if saying your sorry helps, then do it. If trying a different tact at treating your older child with respect rather than a demeaning tone, do that. Our words and our actions still have a great impact no matter how old we get, especially when we are related to each other in such a symbiotic nature.

Perhaps it’s not too late to change wickedness. Maybe we can change it from the future. We can look back at what we’ve done and simply be available to help change the problems that our children face and lead them through their hardest issues with divine compassion—the same compassion we’ve learned from God and spirit through finding our authentic selves in meditation and spiritual work.




* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211. 

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

No comments: