Thursday, February 21, 2013

A New Paradigm for You


A New Paradigm for You

Every year New Years comes around. We all vow to make life long changes. We commit to creating new work that will suit us better, to taking more time for love and play, to spending more time with family, to loving more and spending less time griping, and to exercising and eating better instead of treating our bodies like garbage disposals.

We do this in hopes of changing or shifting the paradigm of our lives to something more positive and loving. But we try to do it by making external commitments. Let me tell you, the external is only where the internal stuff is appearing. If you want to break the habits of old and create a new paradigm, you’re going to have to make the shift from the inside out.

So, how do you do that? Well, nothing is easy that shifts an entire life from negativity to something positive. We have to first find the roots of the system of negativity. When was the problem sown there and why? Who was responsible? Are the trappings of old easily changed by new thought, or do we have to do some strong digging to find out who abused you or hurt you in the past with negativity that dug so deeply, that now you need chains and a tractor pull to get to the roots? This may take more than just a strong will. I may take a counselor, therapy, or hypnosis.

I know from whence I talk. I have been pulling at roots from my own past that I thought I had gotten to the bottom of. But they remind me of a fully-grown crepe myrtle tree I dug up and transplanted about three years ago in my front yard. I must not have gotten all the roots, because each year where I dug it up, a new tree grows again. I now have five small trees from that one root. Well, there is good and bad news to that story. I love crepe myrtles. That’s the good news. But if you are dealing with a weedlike tree that keeps growing back every year from the same root, you need to dig down deeper until you get to the darn bottom of it; otherwise, you’ll never stop seeing seedlings and saplings from the same root.

We all have a lot of baggage from our past. I know I do. But as I dig to the bottom of it, I actually am finding that there is an end to the roots. I’m finally seeing that relief is ahead for me. A new paradigm shift is coming, because I’ve worked hard to make it happen. I don’t confess old beliefs over and over again, allowing negative thoughts to flourish. I cut them off at the roots. If they come back, I dig deeper until I find the bottom of the root. And that’s exactly what you need to do to make change in your life—lasting change.

A new paradigm for you could be a new job, a new relationship, feeling great about being single, finding a new home, moving to a new city, or establishing a great spiritual relationship with God. All of these things can be yours if you start with what is keeping you from your dreams. Breaking down the blocks to your paradigm shift is the most important facet of change. When you find what stops you internally from making change, you will grow into the best person you can be.



* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211. 

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

No comments: