Wednesday, February 13, 2013

State of the Union


State of the Union

During President Obama’s entire speech my focus kept going to John Boehner’s gruff demeanor and lack of enthusiasm. It was as if he didn’t care about America at all. If Mr. Boehner wants me to believe he has my best interest at heart, he has another think coming. He ruined the entire spirit of the message for me.

John Boehner exemplified why nothing gets done easily in America that truly helps anyone. Everything is about political rhetoric and fighting bipartisan backwash from flooding every scenario in every room of the Senate and Congress.

If we were to take every idea President Obama had and parse it out for the sake of the good of America—without political rhetoric—we could come out with a lot more than a handful of great ideas to make our entire economy more stable, our lives safer, and our boarders safer as well. That is not to mention the wonderful idea about education and using the German model to make high schools graduate students with applicable technical merit that could get them jobs immediately after one single diploma.

You have to admire a man who is thinking from the bottom up. How are these current political decisions effecting not just the top 10% of Americans who have the ability to speak up for themselves and the finance to leverage their opinions with money, but the 90% who don’t have much of a voice at all and no money to back their opinions?

Whether you believe in a Democratic or a Republican point of view, you have to understand that most Americans aren’t affected by the detailed points having to be agreed upon in every amendment. Poor people are interested in critical change that will affect them immediately. (I know because I came from poor folk and most of my family is still living from paycheck to paycheck.) Most people don’t have the money to get through until next month because of gasoline prices and the rising cost of food and living expenses.

If my mother didn’t live with me today, she would be living in poverty right now with her meager monthly income. It is right for me, someone of means, to take care of her needs. I think that is all that President Obama is saying. If you have the money to help, why can’t you help? Why must you rely on every loophole to get you more money, instead of just seeing that your tax money is helping those who need it way more than you do? That’s what I do when I pay my taxes. That’s what I pray when I write the check!

Sometimes it hurts badly when I haven’t thought it through and I have a tax bill that is much larger than I expected. But that is no one’s fault but my own. And then there is the good news that my tax bill is higher because I made more money. Shouldn’t that make me feel better too?

If you aren’t suffering from financial distress, let’s just shut our traps and take one for the country right now.

As for the rest of the speech, I thought it was brilliant. It touched me to the bone. If it didn’t touch you, I wonder if you weren’t listening with partisan ears instead with your compassionate heart that God gave you. Let’s try harder to get on the same side of this political fence and get America stronger and freer! God Bless America.

* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211. 

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

No comments: