Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Question: MSG and Gluten #glutenfree #msg #health #weightloss #bloating #mayoclinic

The Question: MSG and Gluten
 #glutenfree #msg #health #weightloss #bloating #mayoclinic

The Answer: “What makes your body bloat? Alex!”

The Mayo Clinic concluded that monosodium glutamate (MSG) is a flavor enhancer commonly added to Chinese food, canned vegetables, soups and processed meats. Although the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified MSG as a food ingredient that's "generally recognized as safe," the use of MSG remains controversial. For this reason, when MSG is added to food, the FDA requires that it be listed on the label. MSG has been used as a food additive for decades. Over the years, the FDA has received many anecdotal reports of adverse reactions to foods containing MSG. These reactions — known as MSG symptom complex — include:
  • Headache
  • Flushing
  • Sweating
  • Facial pressure or tightness
  • Numbness, tingling or burning in the face, neck and other areas
  • Rapid, fluttering heartbeats (heart palpitations)
  • Chest pain
  • Nausea
  • Weakness

And I’ll add to that—BLOATING. Yesterday, someone sent a lovely gift of a dinner for four to my mom to help during her recovery from a hospital stay. Yesterday we ate the meal of pork tenderloin, roasted rosemary potatoes and green beans. Both of us were sick almost all night. We are both allergic to MSG. As of now, I’m certain that the meat was tenderized with MSG.

After dinner, she was sick in the bathroom all night. And my stomach looked as if I were pregnant. I was agitated and felt as if I had had a pot of coffee. Even ambien would not put me to sleep, which as you probably know usually renders people stupid and sound asleep.

The fact that I had been poisoned by MSG didn’t occur to me until I tried every hypnosis technique available to man, sat in my massage chair for an hour, and still I felt like running around the block. At five in the morning, I got up, ate breakfast, took something to relax my body, and fell asleep for two hours. The toxic effect is now gone. Mom is still suffering.

If you have been eating food that has MSG in it, you really should stop. Check packaging. My mother had no idea her stomach problems were a result of MSG until I looked at every item of groceries she bought and weeded out the culprits. Try it. It works. You’ll feel 100% better.


Check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping me make this book be a Bestseller.



Finding Authentic You: With
365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change

Book Cover - Full Size.jpg

* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends. 


No comments: