Thursday, April 10, 2014

Oscar Pistorius: Looking Back at Your Deeds #pistorius #regret #relationshipadvice #divorce #oscarpistorius #reevasteenkamp

Oscar Pistorius: Looking Back at Your Deeds
#pistorius #regret #relationshipadvice #divorce #oscarpistorius #reevasteenkamp

For much of the world, we look in horror at the allegations that Oscar Pistorius shot and killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. Can you imagine how the 27-year-old track star felt yesterday when cross-examination began, and he was all but forced to look at the aftermath photographs of the murder by prosecutor, Gerrie Nel?

Most of us would do well to just forget the past and move on. But, every day, since this trial began, and I would assume moments after the shooting, Oscar Pistorius has had to face his actions, not only personally, but with the entire world watching. I wonder how I would fare in a situation such as this, or one like President Bill Clinton’s debacle with Monica Lewinski.

I’m a very emotional person. If I had done something as heinous as shoot someone I love by mistake, when I talked about it later, I’m sure I’d be squalling all over the place. But, trial experts say that Mr. Pistorius’s emotional outbursts worked against him.

I remember the trial of the Australian woman who was accused of killing her baby when a dingo actually stole and killed her infant. In the 1988 movie “A Cry in the Dark,” Meryl Streep provided us with an excellent foray into this woman’s mind while she was on trial. The accused mother, thought to be in a cult that sacrificed children, was numb and devastated and in grave pain, so much so that no matter what emotion she showed, the public seemed to want her to be killed in the electric chair.

For this reason and reasons why never get to see, like questionable resources that can’t be used in court and information actually suppressed by prosecutors because of illegal ramifications, makes me want to stand back and let the courts and judges and the jury of his peers do the dirty business of judgment. Judging is one of the actions in life I enjoy the least. Most of the time, before I judge someone, I look at all the things I have done that could cause myself to appear guilty in the eyes others. Trust me, there are plenty

Last night, while I was having a drink at a bar, an old friend came up to me and asked me how I was. I told him this month had been rough. My mother was hospitalized. My live-in boyfriend moved out and broke up with me. And my best friend moved to Thailand. This all happened in two weeks. I was a little surprised when he didn’t much seem sympathetic nor compassionate. Later in the conversation he said something sarcastic about me going through a lot of “partners.”

I asked him how many people he thought I had been with in the last 8 years. He jokingly said, “Eight?”

Of course, this was completely untrue. I only see this friend and talk to him maybe once or twice a year. Most of the time the person I’m dating had not been with me. So, his information about me was skewed by his ideations of me being a player, no doubt. The truthful answer was 3, and I had broken up with none of them. I was the one broken-hearted and grieving, when my old friend apparently was accusing me of going through many men.

This kind of interaction can get the most cavalier person thinking about his personal persona. What are we actually conveying to those around us and how do we allow our authentic self out, without being tried and convicted of something we never did? For much more information about finding and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping me make this book be a Bestseller.



Finding Authentic You: With
365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change


* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends. 


No comments: