Saturday, April 19, 2014

GREAT EXPECTATION: What Do I Expect From Relationship #relationshipadvice #dating #divorce

GREAT EXPECTATION: What Do I Expect From Relationship
#relationshipadvice #dating #divorce

I once was lost, but now I’m found! “I have ABSOLUTELY NO expectations about life and relationships!” Yeah, right, tell me something that I really can accomplish in this life time!

We all have expectations about relationships. Don’t tell me you think you don’t. We all go past GO directly to our primary desire: I want someone to keep me company; I want a sexual relationship, I want an intimate, monogamous relationship, a want a once a week date; or I want a fling. Pick one! It doesn’t matter which you pick, you still end up with expectations. The trick to life and relationship is to find someone who wants exactly (or nearly) what you want. And how, pray tell, do I make that happen, with a magic wand?

Well, it’s much easier than magic, these days. In the olden days, when I was just a pup, you actually had to meet someone in person and figure out if you had the same idea about relationships. Now, in the present Internet Dating era, all you have to do is type out what you want “once,” and, hopefully, the people reading your profile will be able to understand what you wrote. Trust me, though, comprehension may even be a stretch sometimes. I remember a few instances I have written in an online profile, “I am only interested in someone who is ready for relationship!!!” Exclamation point, exclamation point, exclamation point.

So, the first few responses were: “Do you want to hook up?” “Send me a naked picture!” “How big is your… ?” The last response is the most annoying, especially when you are talking about seriously being interested in love. Who really cares how big it is?

I ingenuously wrote back to all annoying comments, “Can you read?”

Online dating may be one of the few options that actually brings results these days, though, for me, it has brought one- to two-year relationships that have ended either abruptly or without answers. Should I begin to think, as most of my friends, that having a lot of good friends and an occasional sexual partner is about the best that this dating scene gets?

I’m actually visiting a friend with a 23-year-old son who is seriously considering marriage. His ideas about love and romance are so grandiose. When his father and I have been in and out of relationships far too many times to count, the juxtaposition is incredible. I want to tell him that I hope and pray his relationship will be everything he dreams it will be. Maybe it will.  But, being on my side of the life-coaching couch, I hear far too many stories of misbegotten dreams and ill-gotten relationships to think that there is any reality in happily ever after.

Yet, I have to tell you, I still dream of meeting that one person who changes all my pessimism to an optimistic believer in love and romance. If you are one of those people who really wants to find love, but has been completely remiss in finding it, cheer up. You are in the company of millions of intelligent and wonderful people who just can’t seem to find the right person.

For women, I wrote a book called: Your Gay Friend’s Guide to Understanding Men, all about finding a straight guy. For anyone, though, finding love is mostly about Finding Authentic You, which is the name of my new book and self guide, meant to help you uncover the most distinct you, unlock all of your negative thinking, and help you replace it with positive, creative thought using many different modalities, including hypnosis, prayer, and psychology. Once you know yourself, then relationship is a fairly easy task.

Listen, I really need your help to buy my new book (below) and share it with friends. No project in this world launches without a community of people who value its importance. This is why I have made it $2.99 for the download version.

For much more information about finding out about the psychology of the human mind and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping me make this book be a Bestseller.



Finding Authentic You: With
365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change


* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends. 


No comments: