Monday, April 21, 2014

Managing the Elderly: Caregiving for an Octogenarian #caregiving #managingelderlyadults #octogenarian

Managing the Elderly: Caregiving for an Octogenarian
#caregiving #managingelderlyadults #octogenarian

I never imagined that at 53 I would be taking care of an octogenarian. My mom is 81 and, everyday, by virtue of age and health, she loses a little more of her ability to manage her own life. I can’t imagine how losing control would feel, personally, but I know that I try to lead with compassion when she breaks something new, pretends it wasn’t her fault, and blames it on the product. I say gently, “This problem would be better faced if you just admitted that you made a mistake and move on.” She glances down with remorse and, I’m certain, wonders how much longer I will want to take care of her. He deepest fear, “How will I get along without help—the help of my primary caregiver (me), the help of my children, my friends, and my doctors?”

All of these concerns are just and right. Some days I wake up with the patience of Job, and other days I want to pull my hair out with frustration. My solution is to take time away for myself as often as I can, to keep my heart and mind healthy and stable. If don’t I take care of myself, I will end up angry and lose my patience quickly.

 If you are a mother, father, or caregiver of any sort, taking care of Self is paramount. If you aren’t prayed up, healthy, and have ample self-care, you won’t be the person you need to be in situations that will involve taking care of the people who need you most.

Finding Authentic You, which is the name of my new book and self guide, meant to help you find a way to understand your self, the most distinct you, unlock all of your negative thinking, and help you replace it with positive, creative thought using many different modalities, including hypnosis, prayer, and psychology. Once you know yourself, then relationship is a fairly easy task.

Listen, I really need your help to buy my new book (below) and share it with friends. No project in this world launches without a community of people who value its importance. This is why I have made it $2.99 for the download version.

For much more information about finding out about the psychology of the human mind and being your authentic self, self-love, and self-esteem, check out my new book below. “Finding Authentic You” will answer many of the questions I propose above. The book also has many discoveries about health, both mental and physical, as well as spiritual discoveries to lead you to your highest and best! Thanks for being a part of my tribe and helping me make this book be a Bestseller.



Finding Authentic You: With
365 Daily Discoveries & 7 Steps to Effective Change


* Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or http://bosebastian.com/Home_Page.php Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed. Please spread the word by liking the page or sharing this with your friends. 


No comments: