Friday, November 1, 2013

Can You Cheat a Little, If No One Gets Hurt?

Can You Cheat a Little, If No One Gets Hurt?

I did my quarterly taxes yesterday and was reminded of the message of a youth at church on Sunday. He said: “Is it okay to cheat a little, if no one is looking?” Who exactly is watching each of us as we fudge a little here, take a some pens and paper home from work, steal Sweet & Low from restaurants, and check out in the 15 and Under line when we know we have 20 items?

This is a great question for those who are looking to understand a little more about spiritual growth and accountability—not to God, your neighbors, or the government—but, to yourself. You see, you don’t really cheat anyone in this world, because most of it is simply and ego elusion. You don’t own 15 acres and have millions of dollars. You simply borrow it on time from the world. Everything in this universe is going away eventually, including your physical body. What you see around you is a scenario, perhaps, you built to help teach you important lessons about life.

Definitely, most equivocally, the most important lesson in life is to be honest and authentic about who you are, what you represent, and what you choose to gain from life. If you don’t know the answers to these questions, your first order of spiritual business is to begin a search your heart for answers.

Personally, I look at situations in life with a spiritual litmus test. If you don’t know what a litmus test is, it is a particular die that turns red for acid and blue for alkaline. Metaphorically, it means a test to be sure you are doing the right thing. I ask myself a few questions about things that confuse or befuddle me:

1.  Am I doing what I do out of fear?
2.  Am I doing what I do out of guilt?
3.  Am I doing what I do for self-gain?
4.  Am I making this choice out of spite?
5.  Am I at peace with this decision?
6.  What exactly would be gained or lost should I choose to do this?

All of these questions are pertinent in your discovery of authentic truth. Let’s take choosing the 15 and Under line when you have 20 items. We have to remember that nothing is as simple as black and white. If it were, there would be little to learn in lessons such as these. Let’s take the litmus test.

Question 1: Yes, I think I might be late if I wait for the longer line. 2:) No. 3) Yes, definitely. 4.) no. 5) Yes, because no one is waiting in that line, and I wouldn’t be hurting anyone if I went to that line. 6.) I will be on time for an appointment, which helps me to be more considerate of someone else’s time.

So, you see, what may have looked like an easy answer, actually, turned out to be to do what looks wrong. I always ask myself another question: “Am I just programmed to believe that stepping over some boundaries is bad or will what I’m doing get me demerits with God?”

My answer to that question is that God is not keeping score. We are subconsciously keeping our tabulation on ourselves and it affects our self-esteem greatly if we don’t have answers to the questions that disturb us.

I think of Jesus breaking the Judaic law by healing the sick on the Sabbath. We can easily see that one law of love is greater than the pedantic law of the Sabbath. I believe that Jesus showed us over and over again that our relationship with ourselves and with God is dependent on having the heart of a child—open, transparent, and loving.
______________________________________________

Go to Week 3 of the “Year to CLEAR Challenge” at www.Bosebastian.com

______________________________________________

Below is information that I will be sharing for about a month, as not every person on my list reads the blog every day. If you have already read it, just skip over it. Thanks for understanding.

A Year to CLEAR Challenge:
(Please Know: You Can Join Us At Any Point in the Year Challenge.)

The masses search outward for things that qualify them as a person, but I always go inward for that which quantifies me for greatness. At twenty-five I preached on street corners in NYC as an in-the-closet Pentecostal minister. One day I heard a still small voice say, ‘God cannot be contained in a book or a law or even in a religion. Dig deeper, reach further to find me, and you will find your authentic Self.’”

A Year to CLEAR Challenge!

The acronym CLEAR stands for (Compassionate, Loving, Enthusiastic, And Relationship-Ready). The goal of this project is to engulf readers in a weekly study that will transform them by removing blocks, promote self-growth, and give them wings to fly freely into daily life. Each week, by going to BoSebastian.com and choosing the Year to CLEAR Challenge tab, a new challenge or thought to provoke conversation, growth, and group functionality.

My vision is to make Finding Authentic You the book to have in your Kindle or on your computer. The book is a comprehensive look at growth—spiritually, mentally, and physically.

As a yoga teacher and student of the Ayurvedic tradition, I bring to the table understanding of physical challenges, the ability to overcome mental problems with Life & Health Coaching, as well as hypnotherapy, and expertise in meditation and spirituality as a minister.

The combination of all three in one book with an interactive connection to like-minded readers, for one year, is what makes this Year to CLEAR Challenge a must-do for every spiritual seeker.

The One-Year Approach to Change

No one believes he or she can change overnight. But success in change comes from the metaphors of nature. Seasonally, life changes all around us in nature. Finding Authentic You offers a gradual change perspective, looking at the triune aspects of change as in yoga: Body, Mind and Spirit.

Accessing the ability to change and finding yourself actually pursuing change must be a daily search, which I call getting to the “observer mind.”

In this frontal cortex of the brain we find the anatomy of change and the power to counter every negative trigger of the human process. The workings of Hypnosis, NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming) and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) are all positive actions to help the mind and body flow to a positive space for change.

Every aspect of FINDING AUTHENTIC YOU fulfills this constant need for diffusing the negative past and dreaming of a fulfilling future.

Step 1: Recognize That Change is Inevitable
Step 2: Release from Resistance to Change
Step 3: Understanding Change and Allow Spirit to Define It
Step 4: A History Lesson—About You
Step 5: Look at Your Past with Compassion
Step 6: Making a Strong Commitment to Change
Step 7: Dream Your Fabulous Future
Go to www.bosebastian.com for Week One Challenge:
TOOLS FOR CHANGE:
Go to Storefront to buy any of the following or make a donation to Finding Authentic You: www.shop.bosebastian.com

·       Introduction to Meditation
·       Smoke Cessation mp3
·       Weight Loss mp3
·       Hypnotic Lap Band surgery Mp3
·       Insomnia mp3
·       Eternal Om mp3
·       Meditation Music mp3
·       Guide to Meditation mp3
·       Healing the Body mp3
·       And my “Lessons from the Heart” book ready for your download purchase.
Go to Home Page: www.BoSebastian.com


* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com. Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day.  I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

Also, be looking for “Finding Authentic You, 7 Steps to Effective Change” with a Year to CLEAR (C-larity, L-ove, E-nthusiasm A-nd R-elationship-Ready) on my Website in the Webstore. Thanks!




No comments: