Saturday, October 12, 2013

Why Couldn't I Have Been Born into Wealth and When Depression Strikes

Why Couldn’t I Have Been Born into Wealth, and When Depression Strikes

As a poor kid growing up, the first few years of my life I lived in the lower middle class, sometimes having enough and sometimes not. I remember most times, three days before payday, we would have barley soup until there was money for more food. When I moved with my mother, my paradigm was switched to the project in tenth grade and living off of food stamps. I can tell you, my plea to God was often: “Why couldn’t I have been rich?”

Unfortunately, this is an attachment disorder to money. Because of being in need from a young age and never really having what I required for food or clothing, my anxiety level about having enough, in general, is attached to my subconscious for the long haul. Yes, attachment disorders are like herpes—they stay with you for life. The neural pathways that cause attachments are established at a young age and simply are a gut, super-conscious reaction to times when you feel as if you didn’t make enough money, the bills outweigh the income, or you simply don’t have enough to buy food.

These gut reactions supersede reason. They race to our minds before our deductive source has a chance to remind us: “Remember that check you’re getting next week? You’ll have enough for the bills.” Or “God has always provided for you in the past. You will pull through this!”

Even the best laid plans for the future can sometimes look bleak on a day when you simply wake up a little depressed. Perhaps you have a nagging headache or one of your muscles has been bothering you. This pain pulls you deeper into an ambiguous place where depression can catch you unaware.

“Are you taking your antidepressant?” That’s the first question I ask almost anyone who presents with these feelings. Often, clients and friends tell me that they wanted to “feel normal” so they stopped taking their medication for anxiety or low-grade depression. “Well, I simply was feeling okay. So, I decided to stop taking the meds,” is often what I hear.

You were feeling okay because you are ON your medication. That is why you have the temptation to stop the medication. Get back on a prescribed dosage of your medication, first, before you start freaking out about a current situation. It may be that your mind is slightly eschewed because of being off of your antidepressant.

When you get off of a medication like an antidepressant, your body slowly leeches out the medication from your brain, and often you will spiral down without you realizing it. I see this very often with clients. I’m not a physician. But you don’t have to be a physician to see the same symptom over and over again.

When I decide to taper off of a medication, this is called titrating from the mediation, then I always do it with a physician or a therapist. I make sure that when my body is completely replete of the medication that I am stable. You should do this too.

Unfortunately, if you are anything like me, you probably need to stay on a small dosage of your antidepressant for the rest of your life. Every time I have tried to get off of Selexa, I end up feeling slightly under the weather. I sense that life is fighting against me. I don’t have the will to fight back.

While on the medication, I get up feeling like life is on my side, most often. I would be remiss to tell you that, some days, I don’t feel like getting out of bed. That is just one of the problems with having a history of depression. You learn to cope. You learn to have people who will support you and help you to the forefront of your life. You keep people near you who will tell you, your spiritual truth, and stand you up, when you fall.

I hope this helps today, especially when the economy feels so unstable with the government taking baby steps to resolve big problems.

I published this questionnaire yesterday, but I’m going to do so again today, incase you didn’t have a chance to fill it out and send it back.

If you would do me a favor and copy the following portion of this blog to an email addressed to me: bosebastian5@gmail.com, then answer the questions, I would be very grateful.

The reason I’m asking is that out of the 40,000 people who read this a month, only one person made an order for an Mp3. This amazed me! Even with $7.00 off the original asking price from my storefront: www.shop.bosebastian.com, 99.99% of the readers didn’t care about things like meditation or gaining materials that would help them along with their spiritual practice. This is why I need to know what you need, before I spend $8500 on an interactive website:

________________________________ Copy from Here and send to bosebastian5@gmail.com
Questionaire

_________________             Would you be interested in joining a study group that would meet one evening a week for a year to start a Year to Clear Challenge?

_________________             If so, what city do you live in? ________________________________

_________________             If this meeting had a nominal fee or a collection for the charge of renting the space, would you still be interested?

_________________             If the blog expanded to an interactive website, would you be on board to participate if it were at no cost to you? Basically, this would mean getting a daily spiritual, mental or physical challenge.

_________________             If I offered Tiers of membership, where the first tier would be free, the second, third and forth tiers would give you options to contact me for coaching advice on line, get free mp3s, and daily mp3 downloads to listen to on the way to work, would you be interested in paying for a tier beyond the free service?

_________________             If I offered to create an MP3 download of each blog every day and send it to your cell phone via email, would that be a convenience you would enjoy, so that you could listen to it on the way to work or coming home from work in the car?

_________________             Is this convenience for which you would pay $5 a month?

_________________             If I offered a place in my web store to donate to this cause of spreading spiritual knowledge, would this be a better means of contributing via credit card?

_________________             Lastly, would you rather not hear from me besides getting the daily blog? (It’s okay to be honest.)

COPY TO HERE….

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR PARTICIPATING. I REALLY DO APPRECIATE YOU. BO
______________________________
As a gift to my subscribers, I have made all purchases below ONLY $3.00. Prior to today, to buy something in my storefront, you had to go through many steps to get to Paypal. Now purchasing a Hypnosis MP3 or a Meditation Music, or a Kindle-formatted book is as easy as clicking on a button in the Shopping Cart that says Credit Card.

You simply pay, and within 24-hours, you get an e-mail with a link to your download.

I have items that can really help you in your spiritual growth:
·       Introduction to Meditation
·       Smoke Cessation mp3
·       Weight Loss mp3
·       Hypnotic Lap Band surgery Mp3
·       Insomnia mp3
·       Eternal Om mp3
·       Meditation Music mp3
·       Guide to Meditation mp3
·       Healing the Body mp3
·       And my “Lessons from the Heart” book ready for your download purchase.
Go to Storefront: www.shop.bosebastian.com

Go to Home Page: www.BoSebastian.com


* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com. Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day.  I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

Also, be looking for “Finding Authentic You, 7 Steps to Effective Change” with a Year to CLEAR (C-larity, L-ove, E-nthusiasm A-nd R-elationship-Ready) in Early 2014. Thanks!


No comments: