Thursday, October 3, 2013

Consolation Pizza and Momma’s Food Poisoning

Consolation Pizza and Momma’s Food Poisoning

As I watch glimpses of television shows, while I hold up my ill mother’s head, my mind sobered with ideas that this may some day be me. I sure hope a loved one will be with me to hold my head up over the commode and wipe my sweaty brow.

I come to realize, almost every day, that human life is about security and walking the authentic path of spirit every day, much more than finding my ego dream and living it fully.

The ego dream can be nice and fulfilling, but it burns out quickly. In fact, anything I’ve ever accomplished with my ego, the minute it happened, the next moment it was over. I wondered if I grieved the moment passing more than I looked forward to the present moment.

One is never quite sure that the people around him are authentic and real when operating primarily from the ego. However, I know with absolute certainty that I am surrounded with true love and friendship. For that, I’ll be happy with the consolation prize, even if it’s the pizza that you get when you help a friend move from into a new home.

I watched a funny program tonight about an overweight girl struggling to understand her strengths. I believe the reason that the program came off as funny was because it is so real for all of us. The star wanted to prove to her self that she could sing in front of people, because at a grade school talent show she had fainted. She never gave herself the chance to overcome the ancient fear. But to her discontent, when she presently got up after an amazing singer—one of her coworkers, she fainted on stage, again.

In the ladies’ room afterward, her pack consoled her, each having had suffered the likes of bullies and egotists and prima donnas, when they were all in high school and as children. I can truly identify with that premise, as I can remember a few times when I got beaten up for just being me. Fortunately, it made me stronger. Having bullies and thugs in my past made me overcome a great deal of fear. In fact, the first career I chose was to be an actor and singer, which helped me face many performance fears daily.

For this young lawyer in the comedy, though, she decided, with the help of her buddies, that she would go back out on stage and conquer her fears. Fortunately, this final try at conquering her fear, she did get through the song and nailed the last note.

She didn’t win the big trophy. But unlike the girl who did win the prize, our lawyer protagonist went home with four friends who celebrated her accomplishment with “consolation pizza.” The winner, though, had to go home alone, which, I guess, tells the story of the ego.

* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com. Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day.  I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

Also, be looking for “Finding Authentic You, 7 Steps to Effective Change” with a Year to CLEAR (Compassion, Love, Enthusiasm And Relationship-Ready) in Early 2014. Thanks!


No comments: