Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Road More Traveled

The Road More Traveled

“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood. And sorry I could not travel both. But being one traveler long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the under growth.” (excerpt from Robert Frost’s poem “The Road Less Traveled”)

Often our spiritual path is wrought with hard choices: Should I accept peace, instead trying to be right? Should I follow my sexual and mental desire and go down the hard road of infidelity? Should I accept what I own now and live debt free, or should I upgrade to something that would financially cause stress? Should I take what isn’t mine or live in integrity? Should I help others and be compassionate instead of being self-indulgence? How often we choose the road of the ego, instead of the road less traveled—the spiritual road.

Choosing a spiritual path takes a consistent observation of the ego. We don’t make a spiritual choice once, and, suddenly, we are bereft of the temptation to choose illusion. Even, this morning, the teacher experienced a little frustration this with a doctor who made a rude statement to me. I had to breathe in and out slowly and say to myself, “Do I want to be right or at peace?”

This is not to say that I won’t register a complaint about the man. He was not the owner of the clinic. I’m sure the person in charge would like the input. I know I wouldn’t want to have a rude doctor or technician work for me. I did take a breath and shut up, but made sure I had my questions answered in the doctor’s timing. The doctor chose ego instead of spirit. That much was clear.

I was amazed at the atmosphere of the room when I began to breathe slowly. I could tell that the doctor understood that I was not happy with how I had been treated, and he made a special effort, thereafter, to be more kind. This will often happen when we choose peace in the midst of chaos. Peace covers chaos as paper covers rock.

The road more traveled in a world full of chaos and ego is definitely not spiritual. So, as we open our hearts and minds to a walk with Spirit and God, we must consider that facing ego challenges comes with this more difficult spiritual path. But, as I said before, the road of the spiritual warrior carries with it peace, love and compassion. No better route exists to travel if your search is for the love of God.



* * *
Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com. Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.




No comments: