Monday, September 2, 2013

The Magic of Burning Bowl

The Magic of Burning Bowl

Every year on New Year’s Eve, most Unity churches do a celebration called Burning Bowl. I have taken to inviting friends over to the house and having my own version, because a home with special friends is a little more intimate.

The objective is to write down all the things in your life from the past year you have decided you no longer want in your life. These things could be work-related, relationship-oriented, financial, dealing with friendships, any drama in your life, or illness, for some examples. Then, everyone gets together over a small fire. One by one each person burns the piece of paper with the list of negative attributes. The group joins in believing that as the piece of paper catches fire, crinkles and curls around the edges with a fiery glow, and then quickly turns to ash, that the old is burning away from each person’s life.

The next step to the celebration is to write down what you want in your life for the next year. For instance, I am planning to add this site to an interactive website that will allow every reader to take a blog that interests you and add a spiritual, physical, or mental goal to it for the day. It is called “A Year to Clear Challenge.” The acronym CLEAR stands for Compassionate, Loving, Enthusiastic, And Relationship-ready. I see the site up and running by January 1st to begin this “Year to CLEAR” challenge with all the readers of this blog. I am on target with it as of now. And as I have believed that this is a spiritually anointed task, the blog has grown exponentially to over 250,000 views.

A year ago, I had no idea what listening to spirit about sharing spiritual goals and Finding Authentic You could mean. I just opened up and believed it could as large as the universe. Now I see with my own eyes what God can do with a dream and positive affirmation.

It is as if I am setting spiritual and mental and business goals as I create in mind what I want in my life and how I want to share this love and compassion. Last year I wrote down a few pertinent goals, most of which have already happened or are in the process of happening.

I mentioned this concept because A Burning Bowl doesn’t have to be done once a year. In fact, I think, it would be a good idea to create space for this spiritual sweeping away of sorts weekly or monthly. I’m amazed at how much dross collects in my life in the period of a month. Let’s face it, the older we get, the less time we have for negativity. I want all the crap out of my life so that I can be ready to step into my fantastic future every day, every moment.

So, take this day to write down all the things you really feel as if you need to get rid of in your life. Make yourself a little fire and burn it in an iron skillet or in your fireplace. Then write down a list of positive things you would like to have in your life. Take that piece of paper and place it someplace special in your house. I have a spiritual corner in my bedroom, which I have picked using Feng Shui, the art of creating spiritual space in your home or work place. I keep the piece of paper under a beautiful quartz crystal.

This spiritual corner I attend to every morning before my day begins. Allen and I have taken to saying a prayer together: one that is already written out, one we have found in one of our readings, or an impromptu prayer that specifically deals with our upcoming day.

The process is powerful. As we do it together, it creates even more of an energy shift. Even the Master Jesus said “where two or more are gathered, there I am.”

We have seen so many positive changes occur in our lives that now we look forward to the few minutes each day of coming together with a positive attitude in the presence of spirit and the angels to create a new day for ourselves and to see the truth, possibility, and healing for all our friends and family.


* * *
Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com. FOR COMMENTS: Go to the Bo Sebastian link under the title and there is a place there to create a comment. Thanks.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.




No comments: