Monday, June 24, 2013

Are You Really Asking for What You Want?

Are You Really Asking for What You Want?

I asked a client this question: What do you really see yourself doing in a couple years?

He said, “Well, I’m not sure. What I would love to do and what I want to do are two different things.”

Talk about an ambivalent mind. If you don’t know what you want and desire it in your heart 95%, don’t expect to see it expressed in your life. Now, I’m not holding your belief in yourself completely responsible for who and what you become. But as you can see, I’m holding you 95% responsible.

What you are in mind expresses in kind!

What you believe about yourself and about your life will express itself one way or another. One negative thought about yourself will exponentially empower itself and leave you in a negative place for a long time.

There is also that 5% of just human life that happens, and we have little to no control over it.

My lawnmower broke this morning on the week that my sisters are coming into town. Allen and I are staying at his house while my sisters and children are going to stay here in my room and in the spare bedroom to save money. We went to Allen’s last night and the air conditioning was broken. Well, there is absolutely nothing we can do about something strange like that happening. On top of that, not one, not two, but four of my Koi fish got caught in the net that was protecting them from the gray heron. They died in the heat yesterday before I had a chance to notice. Another 260 dollars lost on fish.

I’m not sure what the Spirit is trying to tell Allen and I, but let me tell you, my ear is tuned toward heaven. I don’t want or need anything else negative to happen. I’ve prayed, we’ve prayed, let go, and now it’s God’s turn to help.

I’m not one of those spiritual advisors and clinicians who makes life entirely your responsibility. I know too well from the first three months of this year that you can be doing everything right and be directly in tbe middle of a wind tunnel that sucks your roof off, breaks your car, and all the other appliances and plumbing in your house to the tune of $23K. I was hit hard. But, I didn’t stop believing in the good that is all around me and is possible for me everyday.

In fact, I put more energy into seeing and believing in my good. I recited mantras, saw visions of gold raining down on me, and asked every spiritual friend I knew to pray “with me” as I believed for the good that God gives. (I’m not saying that occasionally I got disheartened. I did. But I tried very hard to believe the truth everyday.)

Now, you may ask, isn’t it a little bit prideful to ask for wealth and health when people are dying for no reason and poor exists all over the world?

I would have to answer a hardy NO!

You playing small in this world doesn’t help anyone. In fact, if you have money, you can help others. If you stay poor and desperate, you are the exact ones that people have to help. What kind of energy is that giving the world?

You are a child of God! Act like it.

If your mother/father in heaven has all the wealth in the kingdom, shouldn’t you be heirs to that wealth? I am not afraid to feel that. You are made in the image of God. God is perfectly healthy, is unlimited good, and is a creator. Are you playing small just so others won’t perceive you as an egotist?

I have a friend Sharon who is a CPA. Every time someone asks her what she does for a living, she says she’s an accountant. She happens to be looking for another job. She told me she doesn’t want to sound like an egotist by flaunting her accolades.

I posed this question: What if someone you are talking to has the capacity to hire a CPA and is looking for someone who has all your qualities. You may just miss the opportunity because you were afraid to say what you are. That changed her mind. I heard her yesterday introduce herself as a CPA. I smiled. I’m glad she understood what I meant.

Playing small just means you don’t see yourself as the best you can be. Don’t be afraid to have healthy ego and be all that you are. Live from a grand dream today. I’m believing it with you. I hope that you will believe in prosperity in all areas of my life with me.

Thank you, friends. And thank you, God for all that you have already given us and will continue to give us in the future.

* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.




No comments: