Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Mental Illness, Pain, and Spirituality #mentalillness #pain #self-discovery #InfiniteMind #SOM

In the past I have had many clients who have suffered great pain and intense psychological depression. As they have described their issues to me, I have noticed that each of them barely has had the energy to get up in the morning, let alone resist the temptation of negative thinking. So, how then, can a person like this develop spiritually in the midst of mental illness and extreme pain? This is a great subject and one that the Science of the Mind must help us understand.

Ernest Holmes speaks of this issue in Chapter 5 of The Science of Mind: “The Body.” Before I quote the author, let me first explain the nature of the mind and body according to the principles of metaphysics. The BODY is a manifestation resulting from the Soul or Divine Mind. Therefore, we are not humans with a mind, but A MIND living in a human body. If you recognize this important fact, you can more easily see the significance of it in the following explanation.

The Universe in all of its forms is The BODY—the third part of the Trinity. Spirit, through intelligence, creates from the elemental energy of the Soul. The soul, then, produces all matter—some we can see; other matter has yet to be discovered. But, we know that all that has been produced by the Spirit of God is Body, which exist in the manifest, visible universe.
Knowing this, Holmes says: “Psychology has shown that psychical (or subjective) disturbances produce physical reactions in the body. If the body is to be permanently well, the soul or subjective life must be in poise, the mind peaceful and happy. It may be considered as a general rule that when the soul is poised in true spiritual realization, the body will be normal and healthy. This is the purpose of mental healing…”

This quote shares with us the role of pain and mental disturbance and is equally important when beginning the healing process. For us to even begin the process of manifesting wholeness, we must be able to imagine health. We must see it clearly, to plant the seed of wholeness into the subjective consciousness for it to manifest as BODY.

Pain and unrest in the mind is a manifestation of Body, albeit a strong representation of what negativity can cause. I remember, as a child, seeing my father experiencing vast arthritic pain and my grandmother dealing with all of the neuropathy one could manifest from diabetes. In those days, I remember saying to myself, “I never want to have that kind of pain.”

So, at a very young age, I began to exercise, eat correctly, and take vitamins. If I was anything, I was diligent in my prophylaxes to prevent me from manifesting pain or mental illness. Yet, as an adult, almost every kind of arthritic pain and severe depression sat upon me like unwanted acne.

I cursed my genes and felt it completely unfair to have pain, when I had been doing yoga faithfully for twenty years and eating a vegetarian diet. Yet, pain was mine to deal with. As a result of so much pain, I sunk into a depression. All of this disturbed the process of growing spiritually. Some days, I would only have two or three hours of pain-free moments to get my life together. Then, again, I would retreat to depression and pain.

I wasn’t a big proponent of medication, but I began to seek help from traditional medicine, after five years of trying every form of holistic medication, which barely touched the surface of my pain. I have to say, quite honestly, had I not found relief with some kind of pharmaceutical help, I may not have gotten back to my spiritual life and growth. Fortunately, for me, I never lost hope that I would find something to help me get back to a normal functioning adult. (Of course, this may not be true for every person in this situation, but, for me, it certainly was.)

I say all of this, because the majority of the people who come to me with debilitating pain and depression, will not take pharmaceuticals. I treated one woman suffering from the worst kind of depression I had seen in a long time refuse to take an antidepressant. I spent a long time convincing her that, until she gets to a place where she is out of her despair, she will not have the energy or mental stamina to even envision health. Fortunately, she took my advice. 

After three weeks on an antidepressant, she began to see clearly how much life she had lost by allowing the depression to overwhelm her life. Once we had the depression dealt with, we could begin to work the steps of the Science of Mind to help her. (Some people are able to titrate off of this kind of medication and maintain clarity, while others, like me, may have to continue to take an antidepressant for the rest of their lives. For me, it is a small price to pay for normalcy.)

So, even though it doesn’t appear to be so, the first part of this young woman’s help came from treatment or prayer. When she couldn’t see herself as healthy, it was my duty as a practitioner and as a compassionate spiritual man to see her whole, when she could not see it for herself. When there is someone in your life experiencing this kind of severe, debilitating disease, we must first help him or her to a place where he or she can begin to dream healthy thoughts again. This is the first step to getting back to Wholeness.
_____________________

You can find all of my Books by Category at http://www.bosebastian.com/new-page/ All of these books have been birthed from my own spiritual growth. I guarantee you'll enjoy how each will help you maintain a positive mind, body, and spirit. Also, if you click on the Amazon site, you'll see all of my 15 book— Cookbooks, Novels, Self-Help Books, a Yoga DVD! All great gifts from your friend—Bo Sebastian. Simply go to this link at www.Amazon.com or type in my name. Find great gifts for yourself, family members, and friends by supporting another friend in the process! Thank you.

* * *
 cropped-6009Color1001.jpg

A Single Session w/Bo Sebastian
What would you feel like if everyday you loved yourself a little more…
What would you be if you loved and gave compassion unconditionally… to yourself first and then to others?
If you could imagine yourself so connected to God Source that everything you thought and every action you completed you trusted could heal yourself and, ultimately the world around you?
Create a Better Life with One Healing Session with Bo Sebastian
Call 954-253-6493 (All Sessions are done via PHONE, SKYPE or FACETIME.)
www.bosebastian.com

If you are a gay man or woman, you may want to direct your gaze to my newest blog: Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. This blog is an extension of my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UncommonGaySpiritualWarrior/) and group meetings about the rare combination of spirituality and "being gay" defines the most important part of us, even in relationship. Join me at: http://uncommongayspiritualwarrior.blogspot.com/.
Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.

Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.

Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual WarriorGo directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]





No comments: